There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
General Motors has an exciting opportunity for recent college graduates who are technical, innovative, problem solvers to apply to our Analytics Career Evolution (ACE) development program.
Employees hired into the ACE program will have an opportunity to accelerate their professional experience and expand their network by working across several areas of GM for the few years of their employment. The ACE development program will provide a vast number of exciting projects, visibility to senior leadership, robust training, and networking opportunities.
At the end of the development program, ACE employees will have an opportunity to work with ACE program leaders and human resources to find their next role within general motors. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
If you share our passion for reimagining transportation and creating a safer, better and more sustainable future, we encourage you to learn more about our available positions and apply today!
We are looking for Data Science professionals who:
- Have a steadfast drive for excellence
- Challenge themselves and their peers
- Enjoy working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate a good work ethic
- Have a strong ability and willingness to learn
- Exhibit curiosity and are willing to explore new possibilities and solutions
- Understand advanced math and analytics concepts, and can apply them to real applications
- Desire to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems
Role – as a Data Scientist, you will be applying Modeling techniques to tackle complex business problems. They are responsible for building predictive models and machine-learning algorithms, analyzing large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns, and deploying analytical solutions, including visualizations and predictive models.
Additional Job Description
- Education: Master’s degree – Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Social Science, or other quantitative degree preferred
- Preferred academic or work experience in a data-intensive field/industry such as biotechnology, computational chemistry, cognitive or neurosciences, behavioral economics, econometrics, engineering, physics, quantitative finance, high frequency trading or intelligence analytics
- Hands-on text analytics and NLP (natural language processing) experience in a corporate setting is a plus.
- Job locations will be in Warren or Detroit, Michigan; some roles will consider remote work
- Language proficiency in Python, R, Spark, Scala
- Experience in big data tools and databases: Hadoop, TensorFlow, Greenplum, Spark, Kafka, Advanced SQL and NoSQL including Postgres and Cassandra
- Data Visualization: PowerBI, Tableau, JMP or similar
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Remote: The selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
- Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.