View job on Handshake
NOTE: We may fill these positions prior to the expiration of this announcement so if you are interested please submit your information as quickly as possible.
Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) is seeking applicants for its 2022 Naval Acquisition Development Program (NADP) contracting entry level employee cohort. The NADP program offers paid entry-level Contract Specialist positions with rapid career development, and an extraordinary opportunity for those that desire to rapidly advance their professional career while supporting the mission of the Department of the Navy. Contract Specialists working for the United States Navy:
• solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and award contracts with commercial organizations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations, and State, local or foreign governments for furnishing products, services, construction or research and development to the United States Navy, and others;
• administer contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts, including resolution of problems concerning the obligations of the parties;
• if necessary, terminate contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals;
• analyze and evaluate cost or price proposals and accounting systems data;
• plan, establish, and review contracts, programs, policies, or procedures;
• formulate and administer policies and procedures to insure achievement of Federal socioeconomic goals, such as those affecting small business, labor surplus areas, and disadvantaged business firms; and
• develop acquisition strategies and manage procurements.
If you are looking for a fun place to start a public sector career where high performers will be placed in opportunities to rapidly grow, please consider joining our team.