View job on Handshake
Cypress Creek Renewables is one of the leading clean energy non-utility power producers in the United States. We are driven by the belief that solar and storage make for a cleaner, healthier, more prosperous world, that the electricity system will continue to grow and become the center of the world’s energy system, and that the acceleration of these transitions is imperative. From development, to construction, to operations, we create projects that benefit communities for decades. As a leader in transmission-scale and community-scale solar and storage, Cypress Creek seeks a diverse group of innovative and purpose-driven thinkers and doers from all backgrounds.
The Enterprise Architect establishes a technology strategy and roadmap that enables a portfolio to support current and future business capabilities. This is a new role in a newly formed Digital COE to execute on the company’s strategic plan and requires a team to be built. They will provide an overall assessment of the company’s current architecture, make design recommendations, and oversee all architectural solutions. This leader will work closely to build a multidisciplinary Agile team to create and enhance high quality data pipelines driving analytic solutions. These solutions will generate insights from the organization’s connected data, enabling the organization to advance the data-driven decision-making capabilities and reporting of the organization’s platforms. The ideal candidate will provide vision and roll up their sleeves to set team standards, direction and culture.
Relying on continuous feedback, the architect fosters adaptive design, and engineering practices and drive programs and teams to rally around a shared technical vision. This role requires deep understanding of data architecture, platform architecting, data analysis, reporting, data science techniques and workflows. The ideal candidate is a skilled data / software engineer with experience creating data products supporting analytic solutions. They’re an Agile learner, possess strong problem-solving skills, work as part of a technical, cross functional analytics team, and want to solve complex data problems and deliver the insights to enable analytics strategy. Most importantly this role is a visionary and executor who enjoys architecting success for all users in the organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assess and enhance the company’s IT infrastructure including integrations and/or re-design to optimize data and user efficiencies while considering costs
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that helps the organization’s business achieve their goals
- Create data products for analytics and data scientist teams to improve productivity
- Understanding and communicating strategic themes and other business drivers for architecture to system and solution architects and non-technical stakeholders
- Advise, consult, mentor and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic Enterprise Architecting to improve the organization’s productivity as a team
- Develop and deliver communication and education plans on analytic platform Architecting capabilities, standards, and processes
- Partner with business analysts product owners and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- Collecting, generating, analyzing innovative ideas and technologies across the business
- Facilitating the reuse of code, components and proven patterns
- Learn about machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of experience working in Enterprise Architecting or architecture role
- Expertise in SQL and data analysis and experience with at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions
- Experience with developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space (preferred)
- Database development experience using Hadoop or BigQuery and experience with a variety of relational, NoSQL, and cloud database technologies
- Worked with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Shiny
- Conceptual knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
- Big Data Development experience using tools; for example (Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka)
- Exposure to machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics