Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our Enterprise Analytics Team for a 12-week internship experience working with business teams across the organization to develop insights, answering inquiries, and asking new questions with our data. This role is intended to provide real work experience to college students in an ambitious environment, while directly driving insights for the business.
- Consult with business teams to answer ad-hoc questions and find opportunities to drive actions through data
- Develop and test hypotheses for descriptive and diagnostic analysis (what happened and why)
- Build compelling visualizations and presentations that bring data to life and drive insights home
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or similar quantitative field.
- Two years of completed coursework by May 2023
- Ability to collaborate with a team to listen carefully, and interpret what is needed beyond the question directly asked.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- High level of integrity, professional demeanor, and reliability
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as pay attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Additional Program Details
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Our company’s purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase – it’s a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
- Sleep – Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
- Physical – Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
- Emotional – Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
- Financial – Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
- Community – Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
- Career – Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.