View job on Handshake
Trinity Highway Products is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Engineering Technician/Fabricator in our Rocklin, California office.
We welcome your business leadership and people leadership and drive to excellence. Join our team today and be a part of Delivering Goods for the Good of All.
Under the direction of the Product Support Supervisor, the Engineering Technician/ Construction shall be responsible for fabrication, assembly and installation of a variety of engineered product proto-types. Work performed will require layout, fabrication, assembly and installation of product proto-type products. Skills required include operation of various earth moving equipment (e.g., skid steers, skip loaders, excavators etc.) use of hand and power tools used in fabrication, assembly and installation of highway safety hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Transporting equipment to and from remote test facility
- Conduct layout, assemble and install of a variety of product proto-types that meet the necessary quality requirements and time frames as required to safely complete projects
- Work being performed shall be from work-orders, engineering drawings, sketches and verbal instructions
- Additional skill sets in metal fabrication would be a plus
- Must have valid CDL Driver’s License with ability to haul a commercial trailer with a weight over 10,001 lbs
- Install product prototypes in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- Ability to recognize installation problems, suggest enhancements and communicate these to appropriate parties to help improve future installations
- After testing, prototypes shall be removed in a timely and efficient manner as directed
- Ability to use common tools used in fabrication, assembly and installation tools shall include, but is not limited to, common hand and power tools, i.e. concrete drill, backfill tamper, impact wrench, sockets, wenches etc.
- Additional skills in metal fabrication including but not limited to, i.e. band saw, drill press, cutting torch, grinders, etc. is a plus
- Communication and people skills to allow direct interaction with employees in other departments, as directed
- Basic computer skills
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a fabrication shop and/or 3 years working in a construction related field
- Requires fabrication experience using the following media: metal, plastics, wood, concrete, etc. Fabrication techniques will include: welding, layout, machine operation, general mechanics, and construction techniques
- Ability to read, understand and work from work-orders, engineering drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions. Forklift/bobcat experience is also desirable
- Work in a warehouse/shop environment (non-climate controlled) and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Have the ability to lift 50 lbs, pry, push, or pull objects while performing various job tasks
- Must posses working knowledge of fabrication and installation tools including; use of various power and hand tools needed to perform daily work assignments
- Good near and far vision capabilities, good flexibility, mobility, stamina, finger and hand dexterity
- Perform basic math calculations including, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Remain flexible in adjusting to changing priorities and job assignments
- Ability to drive company vehicles in a safe and proper manner
- Proof of COVID19 vaccine is required