Note: This position is based out of our San Antonio Texas lab.
We are seeking a candidate responsible for building and testing drug delivery prototypes. The ideal candidate should be hands on and has a good understanding of empirical methods. You will be responsible for manufacturing processes such as bonding, forming, molding, lamination, and assembly of small parts under the microscope. In addition, general understanding of how to conduct mechanical tests and report data in an accurate and structured format is required.
Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
- BS in Mechanical Engineering Preferred or equivalent scientific degree
- Familiar with analyzing designs and developing solutions to challenging mechanical problems.
- Willingness to perform hands on tasks: building complex prototypes and joining of small parts used in a mechanical assembly.
- Perform simple tests using pressure measurement instruments, Instron tensile tester, or any other type of test equipment
- Follow test protocols and report results using appropriate analysis tools
- Actively participate in discussions with R&D engineers and give feedback on processes being developed for new prototypes
- Comply with company’s policies and guidelines regarding documentation, quality, and safety
- Must be hands on with a proven track record of completing tasks and small projects
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must be creative, self-motivated, flexible to work in a fast paced small company environment
- 0 – 2 years of industry experience (Medical device/Biotech)
- Proficient with SolidWorks or other CAD software
- Process development work such as bonding plastic parts or dip coating, a plus
- Familiarity with plastics and plastic injection molding
- Build and test components and subassemblies for the drug delivery device.
- Build prototype assembly and test fixtures to support R&D in development of next generation devices
- Assist engineering and bio team on evaluation of prototype failures, complete test reports, and review improvements with team
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to define verification protocols and complete verification reports
- Collaborate with manufacturing to create product assembly tooling, fixtures and instructions
Rani Therapeutics LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Rani Therapeutics LLC is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Any notes applied to candidates are subject to review for Equal Employment Opportunity hiring policies.