Who We Are:
The Electronics and Support team provides technical support to enable design, development, and analysis on components, batteries, inverters, motors, engines, transmissions, and vehicles. We also support research and modeling for fuel mixing, combustion, filtration, and fluid flow analysis.
Objectives of this Role:
- Support the engineering team by providing embedded software development expertise.
- Support the functional areas of the EaS section (Project Management, Proposal preparation, etc.)
- Operate test cell /stands including data acquisition and control system, test article operation, and data analysis.
- Software development, CAN, and other communication reverse engineering.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Development of controls and data acquisition systems for conventional powertrain test stands and vehicles; these include engines, transmissions, dynamometers, and other components.
- Development of controls and data acquisition systems for electrified powertrain test stands and vehicles; these include motors, inverters, batteries, and other vehicle components.
- Provide support for existing and legacy controls systems.
- Manage tasks and projects and handle proposal preparation and sales functions.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical or related Engineering degree
- C, C++, VHDL / Verilog. Simulink / Labview experience or interest in learning
- 0-5 years: Embedded software design, development and troubleshooting
- 0-5 years: Controls development experience for automotive powertrains
- 0-5 years: Controls development for high power electric motors, inverters, batteries
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Work assignment is in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.