Who We Are:
Ongoing threats to national security require actionable intelligence data, including signal intelligence obtained through electronic surveillance. Since the 1940s, SwRI is one of the leading experts in supporting both U.S. and friendly foreign governments, as well as a variety of commercial client.
Objectives of this Role:
- Work with senior staff to design, develop, test, document and field automated analysis and reporting systems for application such as spectrum monitoring, wireless communication, geolocation, and military spectrum operations.
- Demonstrate interest and ability to learn and apply new technologies, skills, techniques and advancements in new fields.
- Opportunity to work independently on challenging engineering problems producing insightful results from broad statements of task objectives for a diverse set of clients.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Participate in algorithm, software and product design, fabrication, test, evaluation and documentation with the guidance of senior engineers.
- Design, implement, debug and document firmware for general purpose processors, co-processors and related hardware.
- Develop skills in digital signal processing, large data sets, application specific domains and related hypothesis testing.
- Specify, integrate, test and document data flow, modules and subsystems; for custom implementations, assist with design, benchmarking, optimization, first article testing/troubleshooting and integration support packages.
- Assist in system architecture and system engineering to help achieve performance goals; help develop design options; support trade studies and analyses of alternatives; help choose best option.
- Assist with and help present project technical reviews for client representatives to communicate work performed, receive feedback and set action items for follow-up.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Strong math skills
- Courses related to digital signal processing, data science and machine learning
- Training in software engineering, data science, machine learning and signal processing to assist with data processing algorithm development, implementation architectures, prototyping, testing and documentation
- 0-2 years: Internship with industry related to data processing, automation, management and reporting
- 0-2 years: Experience working with radio communications or digital signal processing technologies
- Proficient in data science
- Proficient in MATLAB, C, Python
- Knowledgeable in digital signal processing
- Knowledgeable of digital RF communications
- Knowledge of embedded systems and computer architecture is beneficial
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.