DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world’s leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Do you want to be part of an extraordinary journey in creating digital solutions that have an impact on saving the planet from climate change?
Along with our partners across the energy value chain, we are in the middle of an exciting digital transformation seeking to optimize the value of data to foster a safe, reliable, and decarbonized energy system.
DNV – Energy Systems’ Analytics and Digitalization group is seeking a Data Test Engineer to join our team. We are looking to hire a skilled Data Test Engineer who will own data quality metrics ensuring data quality meets business user requirements and has experience designing and implementing quality-check procedures. As a Data Test Engineer, you will be working with non-technical business users translating business requirements into checks and processes that build end user confidence in the data and be responsible for analyzing energy data, designing tests, creating customized quality checks, and writing up final test procedures. You will develop, maintain and run tests to identify potential data issues and recommend improvements.
To ensure success as a Data Test Engineer, you should have proven experience working with SMEs who do not understand code, have in-depth knowledge of testing frameworks and strategies, a good eye for detail, ability to think out of the box, and experience creating simple yet thorough quality-check procedures to ensure the highest level of data quality in our data warehouse.
This position can be located in any of our DNV US-based offices or remote from any location in the continental U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Meeting with the development team to determine product testing parameters
- Own anomaly logging and technical requirements planning, troubleshooting data anomalies as well as internal coordination with business users on anomaly prioritization and external anomaly resolution messaging with clients
- Writing test plans and creating test cases for the product
- Maintaining manual and automated tests and test results
- Conducting quality assurance and designing performance and integration tests using new testing procedures
- Ensuring all tests and procedures meet company and industry standards
- Preparing test reports for management
- Supporting team members in delivering data to clients and supporting data scientists and other data users
- Training the development staff and providing technical support when needed
- Cooperate in an international team daily
- Troubleshoot performance bottlenecks, implement scalable, tunable test solutions, and provide ongoing maintenance and support
What is Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or relevant analytic subject area
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as a Test Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Test Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with various testing frameworks
- Experience implementing coded tests
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system testing
- Proficiency with SQL Server database technology
- T-SQL and Python programming skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to see commonalities amongst diverse problems
- Great troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset
- High-level technical writing skills
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- A curious mindset and passion to learn new technologies
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Working with Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code and SQL Server Management Studio
- Experience with one or more of the following areas will be an advantage: developing and maintain manual tests, Azure DevOps Test Plans, Microsoft Tests Manager
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data and working with ETL of disparate data sources
- Familiarity with data modelling, especially for Data Warehousing and Big Data
- Nice to have knowledge of Python libraries like pandas, requests, matplotlib
- Agile development methodology such as Scrum and Kanban
- Microsoft certification in relevant technologies
- Knowledge of climate change, energy markets, and/or energy efficiency
- Additional certification in Quality Assurance
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package. We value diversity, equity and inclusion and want you to bring your whole self to work each day. Read more here:
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $70,000 – $120,000