This role in summary
In this position you will be a partner with the EES Execution team to deliver Product Leadership, with the best in class, Test Execution – for Electronics development, ensuring flawless delivery of software (SW) which are verified and validated, that are leveraged across multiple regions and project execution.
Your responsibilities will include
- Drive technical discussions to build test plans ( SW, SI, and Test Engineer )
- Test Design (Test specification/Procedure, Test use cases, Test Scenario)
- Collaborate with project System Integrator (SI) & Test Engineers to review the requirements.
- Work with Test Architect and respective EES V&V leaders to scope the projects
- Basic understanding of HW troubleshooting & Embedded C
- Design / develop Test Setup to execute all test cases
- Review Test Plans & Test schedule with Stakeholders
- Monitor Defect status on projects, Follow through on severity and status (Cancel, Defer, New project, etc…)
- Plan (Rational), Coordinate specific assigned programs/ projects (eg Service App, module, and related parts) .. Specific cases only
- Drive projects with supervision and guidance.
- Requirement Analysis for test feasibility.
- Development of Exploratory Test cases
- Test execution and Failure Analysis
- Report and track of all logged defects
- Execute Assigned Test Activity
- Execute test plans (Drop plans), analyze test results, report issues, and generate formal test reports
- Coordinate / Execute specific assigned programs/ projects (eg Service App, module, and related parts)
- Effective Communication, Transparency by process with Stakeholders
- Collaborate at right time to drive front loading/planning/execution.
- Proactively engage with cross-functional teams to share, mitigate and drive risk resolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Computing Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in Embedded software development or testing domain
- Experience working with Microcontrollers, networked systems
- Experience with basic networking concepts and protocols such as Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) / Internet Protocol (IP), MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT), WiFi, Bluetooth
- 1+ years of working experience on Java or Android development and testing
Preferred skills and experiences
- Experience with test automation frameworks or scripting
- Experience with SCRUM or Agile development concepts
- Experience with software testing tools such as Selenium or Appium or Rational and defect reporting systems such as ClearQuest or Bugzilla or Jira or Rational)
- Ability to debug complex issues, read and interpret logs
- Basic understanding of Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Development (CD) principles
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand various types of tests such as – component level, interface, integration, regression, System-level, subsystem level, white box, black box
- Understanding of Software functionality as it pertains to mobile applications (Android & iOS) / embedded systems (C, C++) / Python