At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
About the role:
As a Economist, you will provide technical support to States in their conduct of economic studies and program evaluations, and examine cross-state differences in the health and cost outcomes of Medicaid Section 1115 demonstrations.
$95,567 – $142,595 per year
What you’ll do:
- Analyze Medicaid policy and/or operational documents and related data, and public, academic, and program integrity research reports and applies this information to analytic studies and to inform the interpretation of findings.
- Serve as subject matter expert in developing explanatory and predictive modeling to analyze behavioral, economic, demographic, and health-specific factors impacting Medicaid.
- Communicate economic analysis and assessment results comprehensively at the appropriate level for internal and external audiences.
- Provide review and guidance on methodologies applied, analysis assumptions used, policy issues, and analysis results.
Where we’re hiring:
- Location Negotiable After Selection
Experience we’re looking for:
1)Analyzing and interpreting data utilizing economic methods, such as market assessment or econometric analysis.
2) Identifying implications of the findings as they relate to a health-related issue, and
3) Developing various technical or analytical reports and presenting research summaries to a variety of groups and individuals.
Education Requirement: In addition to meeting the qualification requirements, all candidates must have the following educational requirements:
Degree: economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Apply by 6/15/22!