View job on Handshake
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As part of our eBusiness Solutions organization, you will have the opportunity to work on the leading website in the life science industry to shape the overall customer experience and support the development of our digital strategy based on insights. The eCommerce Customer Research Analyst is a major contributor on a team that delivers market, customer and competitive insights that will be used to enhance the ecommerce experience and drive business value. In this influential role you will be able to advise and help direct strategic decisions through your in-depth knowledge and advocacy of our customers, their behaviors and needs.
This position can be remote or located in our St. Louis, MO location or Burlington, MA location.
- Develop research plans that tell a comprehensive story of the digital customer journey and identify opportunities for improvement and to address unmet needs.
- Research will include, but not be limited to user experience, customer satisfaction, visitor segmentation, share of wallet, purchase and brand tracker studies
- Design, execute and socialize customer research projects
- Translate data from multiple sources (quantitative & qualitative studies, UX research, customer transaction data, and website activity) into meaningful recommendations aimed at enhancing our customer understanding and propelling digital innovation
- Measure and track customer focused KPIs to ensure progress against business objectives as well as identify new opportunity areas to explore
- Deliver inspiring executive level communications and presentations to secure investments in our customer experience
- Ability to travel up to 15% travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Research or Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or other business field
- 1+ years of experience in survey creation using a tool such as Qualtrics, Survey Monkey or other survey software
- 5+ years of experience with qualitative and quantitative research processes and methods, or web analytics
- Holistic approach to marketing research using end to end qualitative and quantitative research processes and methods used from project intake to final deliverables. (Examples: surveys and questionnaire design, statistical analysis, concept testing, personas, customer journeys, lab studies, diary studies, focus groups, in-home/@ work interviews, PowerPoint, presentation skills and other methods)
- Prior experience working with web analytics (i.e. Google Analytics, CX Metrics, Full Story, or similar tools), site intercept surveys, panel surveys or other insight tools
- Clear understanding of experimental design, common data analytical techniques, and effective ways to intuitively visualize data.
- Statistical analysis including statistical & data analysis tools such as SAS, SPSS, SQL, R, Tableau, Minitab or similar
- End to end experience with entire research process (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Strong research project management skills including but not limited to managing and supporting the entire research project process from project intake to final deliverable, panel recruiting and coordinating contact with focus group/interview participants, managing payments for research participation, etc.
- Experience assessing, negotiating, and managing customer research vendors, including international sourcing, quantitative, qualitative, and UX partners
- Experience with digital and project management tools (i.e. Optimizely, Google Analytics, Looker, Dovetail, User Zoom Go, Hot Jar (heat mapping tools), content/messaging tools, online qualitative discussion boards/focus groups, Smart Sheets, ForeSee/Medallia/Qualtrics, etc.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to use insights to drive transformational change and influence strategy
- Ability to influence through clear and compelling written and oral presentations, storytelling
- Proven ability to use data to make decisions and drive consensus
- Team player and self-starter with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Strong collaboration across functions and locations, building relationships globally, seeking and creating alignment
- Advocate for functional expertise, able to appropriately set internal client expectations
- Experience and comfortable working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment that requires the flexibility to pivot to the needs of the business quickly
- Assertive and comfortable with being the advocate for the customer
- Degree in Marketing Research or Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar related experiences
- Experience in the life science business and/or B2B research
- Masters or higher education in Marketing Research or Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or even life science