Job Title: East Power Analyst
EDF Trading North America, LLC
EDF Trading North America, LLC is a major participant in wholesale energy markets, and our retail business delivers customized energy solutions for large commercial and industrial consumers, power generation and retail energy providers.
We operate in every market and provide coast to coast coverage of financial and physical products in power, natural gas and NGLs, environmental products and financial crude oil products. We provide our customers with products and services that deliver access to markets, optimize their energy portfolio, hedge risk and manage assets. Our Wholesale Business operates throughout the value chain in the North American wholesale power markets and we are one of the leading wholesale natural gas marketers. Additionally, we provide environmental, congestion management and value added derivative products. With extensive pipeline agreements, we can manage natural gas offtakes, deliveries, capacities and supply anywhere across the continent. For Our Retail Business we provide wholesale fuel supply and structured products for its extensive base of electricity and natural gas customers including gas-fired power plants, large scale commercial and industrial retail consumers and retail energy aggregators.
Our Retail Business is our customer-facing operation providing integrated energy management services to commercial and industrial, power generation, and retail supply customers. Taking into account a customer’s entire energy portfolio, solutions are structured to provide competitive market pricing and to optimize energy usage and generation assets. We offer a complete suite of services to energy-intensive retail customers, from energy supply and hedging to on-site generation management and demand response. And we provide wholesale market access and ISO interface services to a broad network of retail energy providers with footprints across the deregulated markets. For power generation customers, we provide energy management services that encompass fuel supply, scheduling, dispatch, market analysis and risk management all within a single contract. Focused on service, we created a digital integrated platform and customer interface that allows transparent views into energy portfolios and invoices, market prices, analytics and weather.
EDF Trading North America, LLC is part of the EDF Group, a global leader in low-carbon energies.
The power analyst will provide on-desk support for all aspects of front office trading activity from fundamental analysis, to tool development, and day-to-day risk management. This individual will work closely with desk traders and will be on track to be promoted into a trading role.
- Work jointly with traders to develop views on the assigned ISO market
- Provide fundamental analysis and develop trading strategies in the ISO market for both nodal and term strategies
- Help monitor fundamental drivers of positions in trading portfolio.
- Perform power system analysis to support trading activities for Financial Transmission Rights (FTR) and short-term power
- Utilize power system models to support deal valuation, fundamentals and business development
- Support traders across a variety of products: heat rates, spark spreads, CRRs and virtuals
- Develop and maintain dispatch and flow models, communicating fundamental developments and views to stakeholders
- Build models to track market fundamentals and regularly benchmark against actualizations
- Improve current processes by automating critical tasks and present the regional trade desk with research on market relevant topics
- Present relevant market views to EDF Trading’s customers and affiliated entities
- Act as the central resource on the firm regarding regional ISO information, working with various groups in the organization
- Be the point person for operational processes, working with mid and back office groups to ensure that PNL and positions are accurate and properly tracked
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred concentration in STEM or economics field
- Knowledge of power system analysis and ISO operations
- Work experience in the deregulated energy markets or trading floor experience in the energy field
- Strong coding and data capability (language/platform agnostic)
- Experience working with traders or on a trading floor is a plus
- Financial & analytical capabilities in pricing and risk management
- Highly confident, articulate individual who is a team player and works well across the organization
Note: EDF is an EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EDF participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
EDF is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EDF via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at EDF in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EDF. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EDF.