Looking to launch your career in Risk or Reinsurance?
Do you enjoy building relationships with clients and colleagues, gathering and interpreting data, and driving innovation? Apply today for a Broker or Specialist role in Commercial Risk and Reinsurance!
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement, reinsurance and health solutions to our clients. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
These roles fall under Aon’s Early Career Development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into; the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits to mentor and develop future leaders of the firm. This 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking to recruit a diverse group of hardworking individuals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, Word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
RISK SOLUTIONS: Associate Brokers & Commercial Risk Specialists
Our Risk Solutions group assesses the risk a company has or could have and mitigates it through the placement of various insurance products and policies. They help clients achieve profit, growth, and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions.
The Commercial Risk Specialists and Associate Brokers work together to serve clients. Both roles are assigned to specific clients and participate on account teams; the Account Specialist primarily works on daily client management and coordinates internal processes between Aon’s service center, the brokerage team and account management team. In contrast, Associate Brokers primarily interact with insurance carriers and their intermediaries, negotiate and place insurance policies on behalf of our clients. Depending on which role you are hired into, some of your responsibilities may include:
Commercial Risk Specialists
- Maintain effective and productive client relationship; manage client open items lists and respond to client requests
- Gather and analyze exposure data, loss history, and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions with the Brokerage Unit
- Capture and analyze data and draft assigned elements of client service plans, stewardship reports and other presentations tailored to the needs of the audience and the circumstances of the presentation
- Actively support and supervise the renewal process, draft quote comparisons and follow up for binders, policies and endorsements
- Receive and lead routine and sophisticated coverage inquiries and endorsement requests.
- Serve as a key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, Worker’s Compensation posting notices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance, and policy transmittals
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with external client contacts and internal Aon clients, in addition to developing thorough knowledge of the private and nonprofit management liability insurance marketplace, products and services, developing productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters
- Facilitate the compilation of submission information
- Provide broking status and continuous support and service to clients during entire broking process and period of engagement
- Learn and understand all elements of client presentations, developing technical writing skills, verbal presentation and negotiation skills
- Responsible for all aspects of client service for assigned book of business including billing, policy collection, reviewal and transmittal in accordance with established departmental service standards
- Establish basic understanding of claims administration process
- Drive utilization of all available technology throughout broking process and client service process.
- Replicate effective products/solutions and develop broking opportunities
REINSURANCE SOLUTIONS: Account Representatives (Brokers)
Unprecedented volatility is creating new risks and opportunities for organizations across the global economy. We provide risk transfer, claims advocacy and capital management solutions to help our clients reduce volatility and build more resilient businesses, governments and communities.
Account Representative colleagues help clients understand, manage and transfer risk through creative solutions. The role is immediately client-facing, offering exposure to high-level executives and decision-makers. Representatives work on multiple accounts as part of a larger broker team, which requires strong communication and collaboration skills. Account Representatives will develop comprehensive reinsurance market and industry knowledge while working on a variety of lines of business. Over time, colleagues will have increasing opportunities for domestic and international travel to client and reinsurer meetings and to take on expanded roles in developing strategic and innovative solutions for clients.
- Support broking teams in servicing reinsurance clients, including developing innovative solutions, leading consulting projects, and providing strategic advice to address client needs
- Communicate with and participate in reinsurer meetings and discussions regarding client program placements
- Prepare formal reinsurance submission materials and executive-facing presentations
- Assist in the technical analysis of client information
- Collaborate with various supporting teams within our Reinsurance Solution such as catastrophe modeling, actuarial and contract wording
Education & Application Information
Bachelor’s Degree with majors in Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management, Insurance, and Political Science preferred, but open to all majors. Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2021 – May 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. We do not offer sponsorship for this position – CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.