View job on Handshake
At ACT Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Advancing the mission internally, by helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own, is core to our values. ACT supports team members by offering market-competitive pay, generous paid leave, flexible working arrangements, and access to an array of well-being programs including health & wellness programs and professional learning and development opportunities.
You will be joining a newly formed team establishing our ways of working and creating a reputation of trust and leadership across the organization.
The position: We are seeking a Director, Product Management to help us fulfill that mission.
Work location: This is a remote position
The Director of Product Management role is responsible for the development of products presenting a holistic view of a learner. Responsibilities include implementation of strategy and product management for existing Workforce, social-emotional learning, and Encoura products, with an emphasis on integration of these components across ACT’s product portfolio. The Director should be an entrepreneurial leader who can (i) implement strategic solutions, (ii) provide insight on business opportunities, and (iii) lead a team committed to delivering high quality product experiences to customers as well as be a model and guide in supporting the discipline of best practice in the management of assessment and educational technology products. As a working leader, the Director is also responsible for helping to drive strategy and development activities for individual products.
What you will be working on:
- Lead the team to continually refine product vision and roadmaps based on our strategy and investment priorities
- Ensure that product management is coordinated and collaborative with all key stakeholder groups including but not limited to Technology, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Content, Research and Finance
- Build deep expertise and empathy for the customers and learners that use our curriculum, services, and software products
- Develop a high performing team by mentoring and growing capable direct reports through regular cycles of performance feedback
- Leverage market research, competitive intelligence, and user experience research capabilities through collaborations with market strategy, sales, and other stakeholders to reflect the voice of the customer in all product roadmaps
- Lead efforts across product roadmaps to ensure all stakeholder voices are heard and clear priorities are set for development teams
- Collaborate within product management to ensure an aligned and integrated overall product portfolio
- Lead the team to improve the efficacy of products by defining, measuring, and improving impact on key business outcomes
- Lead the team in the cross functional execution of a Scaled Agile working framework
- Clearly communicate product business cases to the team and stakeholders, articulating both the product’s value proposition as well as defining and gathering metrics for its success
- Execute on identified strategic partnership opportunities which can accelerate speed-to-market, market reach and lower internal development costs
- Keep abreast of industry trends, technologies, and competitive analyses to identify new opportunities and initiatives which ultimately serve the long-term product strategy
- Identify enhancements to products as well as additional revenue channels
- Encourage a positive team culture through collaboration with the Product Management team and across the organization with strong cross-functional leadership.
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in product management, product development, marketing or sales or related area, that includes product management experience for multiple products in a portfolio
- Substantiated history of successfully developing and implementing strategic plan
- Previous experience and demonstrated success leading, managing, and building teams
- Ability to manage change and navigate positively in an environment experiencing change at a fast pace
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects and to work effectively with others representing different perspectives and competing interests of product development, management, marketing, sales, procurement, legal, compliance, and policy
- Ability to attract talent, build teams, and coach and mentor others
- Strong understanding of and experience working in an agile environment
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and business planning skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization, including superior writing and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to act decisively using sound judgment and data to analyze options
- Strong financial acumen and ability to maximize limited operating budget
- Ability to work effectively with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Actively seeks and engages with diverse perspectives and invites a sense of belonging
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Familiarity with Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Familiarity with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
ACT is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACT values diversity in people and ideas and participates in E-verify. ACT’s online position announcements are intended only to provide general descriptions of employment opportunities; none of the information provided for any position should be interpreted as a commitment by ACT to specific terms and conditions for employment.