Plastic Credit Exchange is the world’s first global non-profit plastic offset program. Founded in the Philippines, PCX partners with sustainability-conscious businesses worldwide to responsibly offset their plastic footprint and reduce the flow of plastic pollution into our landfills and oceans.
PCX has built a broad and growing ecosystem of carefully vetted collaborators that recover, process, and recycle plastic waste while continuously seeking innovative, environmentally sound solutions for reducing plastic waste. PCX also supports environmental protection with programs that improve livelihoods and scale up social impact.
About the Role
Plastic Credit Exchange is seeking a visionary leader and operator to oversee its expansion into the US. The role will afford an entrepreneurially-minded and mission-driven individual the opportunity to lead an organization with a profound impact on global sustainability efforts.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of US Operations will be the organizational leader responsible for the launch and roll-out of PCX in the US, including strategy, business development, marketing and communications, financial budgeting, and team building.
The Director of US Operations will work closely with the CEO on defining organizational strategy, priorities, and goals.
Launch and Expansion Strategy & Business Development
- Develop an overarching vision, launch strategy, and operational plan for PCX US Lead expansion efforts within the US in partnership with PCX global leadership
- Establish organizational framework and process to identify high priority corporations, ranging from mission-aligned Fortune 500 companies to high-growth start-ups
- Devise outreach plan in coordination with CEO, identifying key stakeholders and path to conversion
- Craft tailored pitches for key prospective Exchange participants highlighting how PCX can help achieve their environmental impact goals and create goodwill with their customer base
- Create onboarding guidelines and processes for new Exchange participants and assist in the onboarding process and in executing joint marketing efforts
- Establish US Advisory Council in partnership with CEO and leadership team.
Marketing & Communications
- Ensure the organization and its mission, vision, and partners are communicated effectively and consistently.
- Partner with PCX Strategic Communications Lead to guide communication planning and media execution to grow awareness around the Exchange and expand the PCX network reach.
- Identify lead celebrity spokesperson(s) and secure at least one “face of the brand.”
- Seek out collaboration opportunities with likeminded brands and ways to creatively leverage social channels and relevant networks to increase awareness of PCX’s mission
- Assist in communications between US PCX partners, stakeholders, and press, serving as the main point of contact for PCX within the US
Operations & Finance
- Build organizational capacity and lead day-to-day management of the PCX US operations
- Lead budget planning and forecasting, ensuring stability, growth, strategic planning, and regulatory reporting
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all US-based operations
People & Organizational Management
- Develop hiring growth plan to scale PCX US team over time
- Lead recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and performance evaluation of US team
CEO & Leadership Collaboration
- Work closely with CEO and leadership team to ensure execution of PCX vision and communication of long-term strategy in the US.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the global PCX platform
The Director of US Operations will be based in the US and must be willing to travel domestically and occasionally internationally, as needed.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in management consulting or private sector and/or public sector development; Sustainability/circular economy experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree or advanced management course work preferred
- Passion for plastic neutrality and a sustainable impact to end plastic waste is essential, with demonstrated ability to transform such passion into action.
- Entrepreneurial leader with exceptional interpersonal skills and a collaborative, engaging, and motivational style
- Successful track record in strategy, business development, fundraising, operational team oversight, and financial management
- Strong communication, listening, persuasion, and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to take the initiative and actively work to deepen existing relationships and forge new ones
- Must be well-organized, focused, and have a goal-oriented work style
- A high level of integrity, professionalism, creativity, and compassion is required.