We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Reporting to the Head of Biometrics the Director of Biostatistics is responsible for providing technical leadership and biostatistical support to Clinical Development programs. You will be the statistical lead on one or more drug development projects and will act as a statistical expert across all studies in the project(s). In this role you will have one or more direct reports and will work collaboratively with clinicians, data managers, biostatisticians, statistical programmers, in the planning, conduct, and analysis of clinical trials. As such experience in project and personnel management is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Is responsible for the management, oversight, operation, and direction of one or more projects from a biostatistics point of view.
- Oversight may include multiple clinical trials, observational studies, or real world data (RWD) investigations.
- Mentor and manage personnel, including one or more direct reports.
- Represents Biostatistics as a member of cross functional teams, providing strategic input and expert technical guidance to team members.
- Authors Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs) and communicates key study results. Authors study Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), including table, figure, and listing (TFL) shells. Develops Cross-functional Data Review (xFDR) plan, Key Reports Memo (KRM), and Data Dissemination Plan (DDP) to facilitate the review, summary, and dissemination of key study data/results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics and at 10+ years of relevant work experience, or M.S. in Biostatistics and 13+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with SAS and R statistical software
- Deep understanding of statistical methods used in drug development
- Experience in people management is required
- Excels in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced, flexible, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated leadership in biostatistics and with cross functional teams
This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US. If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.