View job on Handshake
EARLY CAREERS PROGRAMME
Digital Trade CRGC
(6-month fixed contract)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business, and other leaders of society to build coalitions, projects and initiatives – digitally and physically – to address industry, regional and systemic issues.
Why we are recruiting
The Forum engages a team of close to 800 people across six global locations, dedicated to our mission of improving the state of the world. We value a highly spirited, diverse, and driven workforce, attracting people of more than 80 nationalities from all walks of life.
We believe that early talents are an essential and vibrant part of our community. Through our Early Careers Programme, we welcome young professionals with a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and experiences at our San Francisco office.
This programme is an exciting opportunity for participants to get a feel for working at the Forum, bringing in fresh ideas from their studies and gaining valuable real-world experience while making an impact.
How to apply
The positions we offer are best suited to recent graduates of a course of study, preferably at master’s level or higher (although not exclusively), and with at least one previous professional experience.
Please review the opportunity below and submit your CV, letting us know in your cover letter why role is best suited for you. We will review your application and revert to you within ten working days. We look forward to hearing from you!
Conditions and benefits of the Early Careers Programme
- Full-time onsite employment contract of 6 months with the World Economic Forum San Francisco office
- We are flexible to accommodate start dates between 1st July 2022 and 15th August 2022
- Monthly gross compensation of USD $4000
- All required technological equipment (laptop and mobile phone) and accesses
- This programme is not eligible for relocation support
1 – ECP –Digital Trade CRGC (6 months)
The Digital Trade team explores the application of emerging technologies to international commerce and the need for policy evolution.
The ECP Trainee will help identify and build relationships with international technology and technology-policy leaders in this space.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
– Identify key emerging technology applications for trade and supply chains
– Map national implementation needs and efforts
– Survey business and government on coordination requirements
– Arrange community dialogues and interactions
– Build and maintain relationships with senior counterparts
Success measures include:
The ECP Trainee will have helped produce an extensive global community mapping and established a significant number of productive relationships, in the goal of accelerating trade technology adoption and related policy reform.
Preferred requirements and experience:
-Administrative Duties and Coordination
-Knowledge of emerging technology and supply chains or trade required.
-Spanish skills are helpful but not essential
– Gain deep knowledge of the trade technology ecosystem
– Build relationships with technology and policy leaders
– Exposure to senior executive and government interactions
Why work at the Forum:
The Forum believes that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas, and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!