FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world’s largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position is open to candidates seeking remote opportunities with travel to Headquarters located in Johnston, RI on a quarterly or monthly basis dependent on business needs.
The Development Database Administrator (DBA) consolidates an extensive knowledge of database technologies with an in-depth understanding of application development tools and technologies.
Expertise in an Agile DevOps environment is important. Experience working in an organization transforming to Agile development is a plus. Qualified candidates will have expertise and experience with all aspects of Microsoft development (.Net, SQL Server, etc.).
Work includes areas such as agile development team support, workstream automation and standardization, database security, design, code review, unit testing, performance tuning, database monitoring & reporting of metrics, application integration, ETL, SSRS support, rotational on call support during off hours, etc.
Familiarity with multiple database platforms (especially Oracle), cloud-based development, containerization is a plus.
2 to 5 years of experience in one or a combination of the following:
- SQL Server Database development,
- Database administration in support of application development teams
- Application development requiring extensive database design and development
- Knowledge of Agile development
- CI/CD deployments and DevOps understanding
- Database-related process standardization and automation.
- PowerShell Scripting and Automation experience.
- Database Performance Tuning, monitoring and Alerting
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS or similar tools.
- Knowledge of Postgres or Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of Azure Services or similar Cloud Platforms preferred.
- Knowledge of Power BI or similar tools preferred.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in a database development role is preferred!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.