View job on Handshake
The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED) was established in December 2021. It has $21 billion in funding to deliver clean energy demonstration projects in partnership with the private sector to launch/accelerate market adoption/deployment of technologies, as part of an equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system. OCED is hiring a group of senior executives to identify, award, and implement these projects in technologies such as renewables, carbon capture, hydrogen, and nuclear.
The mission of the Technical and Engineering Support Division is to provide expeditious and consistent technical evaluations to support the activities in the Portfolio Strategy, Contracts and Awards, and Project Management Divisions of the Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations. As the Deputy Director for Technical and Engineering Support, you will:
- Oversee and direct the internal organization, staffing, policies, and personnel authorities required to carry out the responsibilities of the organization; provide technical and administrative supervision over subordinate organizations; assures the effective management of Division programs, activities and resources by developing, implementing, and monitoring DOE-wide policies and systems for the full range of Division programs.
- Provide advice and support to senior OCED and DOE leaders on Technical and Engineering Support initiatives related to demonstration projects; initiate programs and/or projects, conduct evaluation studies, and recommend new policies and programs for improving OCED Technical and Engineering Support capabilities. Oversee development of new or modified work methods, organizational structures, and specific supplemental guidelines.
- Lead and coordinate Technical and Engineering Support efforts (support technical decisions, support monitoring of contacts/awards and negotiating technical risk terms on clean energy demonstration projects.)
- Represent DOE leadership and senior OCED leadership as a senior agency official in meetings with industry, universities, national laboratories, and representatives of domestic and foreign governments concerning Technical and Engineering Support to clean energy demonstration projects. Negotiate arrangements pertaining to demonstration support logistics, pace, and funding.
- Provide leadership in dealing successfully with high level officials in Federal Government, State and local government, and in representing the organization to Congress, other departments and agencies, industry leaders, and senior executive advisory panels.
- Perform special complex and ambiguous assignments as requested by senior OCED leadership.
- Promote Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and ensure full implementation of the Diversity, EEO and Affirmative Employment Program Plan.
Open to U.S. Citizens and Nationals.
Please review the job announcement posted on the Federal government’s jobs portal, USAJOBS, for additional information and application instructions.