Deloitte Government & Public Services Risk & Financial Advisory Analyst – Capital Projects/Engineering
Do you thrive in times of disruption? Have a passion for turning challenges and opportunities into long-term competitive advantages? As an Analyst in our Capital Asset consulting practices at Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory, you’ll join our team of professionals who bring industry experience, innovation, and specialized knowledge to help our clients make the appropriate decisions for their business. You’ll be involved in helping our clients understand, analyze, and respond to various business opportunities and challenges presented by transactions, new technologies, and key business and investment decisions.
Are you interested in helping clients answer critical, transaction-based and mission-based questions such as ‘how do we allocate the price paid for a business to the underlying assets?’, ‘how do we complete major infrastructure projects on-time and within budget?’, and ‘how do we make use of new technologies to improve the construction process?’ If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to help our clients create value and reduce their risk while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory’s Tangible Asset Valuation and Capital Asset consulting practices.
As an Analyst within our practice, you will:
· Conduct valuations of fixed assets and infrastructure as part of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and financial restructurings
· Perform fixed asset management analyses recommending new business processes, advising related to controls, and data cleansing
· Conduct engineering-focused planning studies for newly constructed or acquired assets
· Help our clients make infrastructure decisions that strategically align with organizational objectives
· Build suitable structures, systems, and controls so that our clients can deliver capital projects with confidence
· Assess capital project programs, construction management processes and controls, and project risk
· Deploy analytics to help our clients harness data to create insights in actionable form
· Assist with researching various technical and industry-specific issues
· Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
· Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Regardless of project type, your work will require:
· Experience working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
· Experience prioritizing tasks, working on multiple assignments and managing ambiguity
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly (both in written and verbal form), succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
Our team provides services related to our clients’ capital investments in fixed assets and capital
projects. We assist clients in many ways, including:
· Helping organizations plan, manage and control project cost and schedule through construction auditing, schedule analysis, and litigation support
· Performing cost segregation studies and construction planning to help identify savings related to their fixed assets
· Assessing and improving fixed asset management processes
For years, leading companies have turned to Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory’s Valuation & Modeling practice for our deep experience in valuing, modeling, and analyzing business interests and their underlying assets. We provide transformative insights to help clients turn critical and complex issues into opportunities for growth, resilience, and long-term advantage. Our Capital Assets practice advises clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. These services are delivered across all phases of the capital asset lifecycle and include assessments to capital efficiency, governance structure and process design, contractual compliance, risk management, claims management, and project controls and analytics.
Our clients are in asset-intensive industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, power and utilities, telecommunications, consumer and industrial products, and the public sector. Many of our professionals are engineers with practical industry experience and advanced degrees.
· Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree required with preferred majors including Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field of study
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Internet research tools
· Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
· The Start Date for this position is Summer/Fall 2022
· Strong academic track record (GPA of 3.2 or above)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Access and related tools
· Currently certified as a PE, ASA, RICS, CCSP, or
· Knowledge of project scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project and Primavera Tools
· Experience with the analysis of project cost and schedule data using construction industry techniques and software applications
1. Campus Career Center Application: When applying through your Campus Career Center, you will need to submit your resume and unofficial transcripts. Please submit your resume and unofficial transcripts on both the campus career center as well as on the Deloitte career
site. You may use the following naming convention when naming your documents First, Last, type of document_Date (e.g. John Doe Resume_09_15_2-).
Once you’ve completed your candidate profile on our website, you will be prompted to complete an online application several days after. Please complete that upon receipt as well.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.