Gensco currently has a great opportunity for a Database Developer to join the IT department at our corporate location in Tacoma, WA. Looking for a self-motivated database developer to assist in the development and support of enterprise applications and reports. A qualified candidate must be able to work as part of the IT team as well as with other departmental stakeholders to develop appropriate database solutions in an efficient and timely manner. Duties and Responsibilities: SQL Development and Reporting Provide and maintain database programming to support enterprise applications. Create and maintain reports using SSRS, Tableau, Excel or other programs as required. Develop and implement tools for advanced business analysis. Create ad-hoc reports as required. Create and maintain data warehousing ETL processes. Maintain documentation on reports and databases SQL Database Administration Monitor system events and error logs and execute correction actions. Tune database queries for optimal efficiency and performance. Perform server maintenance. Perform database updates. Implement and manage security. Collaborate with IT team on disaster recovery
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Five years practical experience in database development
- Mastery of SQL Server objects (tables, view, procedures, triggers, indexes, etc.)
- Three years experience with report development tools such as SSRS, and Tableau.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot performance issues within databases, servers/hardware and/or networks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with staff with varying levels of technical expertise
- Experience with server/database administration, including sustaining maintenance and disaster recovery and security; portion of experience must include Microsoft SQL Server (2014)
- Familiarity with SSIS
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio/C #
- Working knowledge of enterprise networking in a Microsoft environment, including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP, and User Security
- Working knowledge of computer security systems and firewallsStrong PC and network troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing small teams and projects
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our team members enjoy excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
Benefits include health care coverage, LTD, 401k Profit Sharing Retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Come join our successful team!
Gensco is an equal opportunity employer.