Ameresco is currently seeking a Data Systems Specialist to work with Ameresco’s Energy Asset Operations group. This position is located in the Portland, ME office or remote.
- Monitor operation of automated reporting systems, data collection systems, and plant SCADA systems;
- Ensure virtual machines, servers, and network equipment operate accordingly. Maintain backups and spares for software and hardware. Oversee upgrades for all servers and virtual machine;
- Installing, configuring, and supporting industrial network equipment including firewalls, servers, virtual machines, and switches;
- Work with customers on setting up network and data collection equipment. Integrate with third party equipment using industrial protocols including EthernetIP, Modbus, and others as required;
- Develop and oversee the global operations website. Manage new users, customers, and add requested features;
- Travel to plant and facility locations to install or troubleshoot servers, hardware, data collection systems, networking equipment, etc;
- Maintain security of reporting systems, databases, web portals, virtual machines, servers and networks; and
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Network or Computer Engineering/Science, or equivalent years of work related experience in a setting with industrial networks, servers, and virtual machines.
- Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing
- Ability to pass security clearance investigation
- Experience configuring and maintaining Microsoft Server operating systems in a virtualized environment.
- Experience with Dell server procurement, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with programming, including experience using VBA, HTML/CSS, or Python
- Experience with database creation and management using SQL Server
- Experience with network protocols and network management
- Experience with automating processes in a Windows environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Some travel required.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.