LodgIQ is led by a team of experienced hospitality technology experts, data scientists and product domain experts. Seed funded by Highgate Ventures, a venture capital platform focused on early stage technology investments in the hospitality industry and Trilantic Capital Partners, a global private equity firm, LodgIQ has made a significant investment in advanced machine learning platforms and data science. At LodgIQ, we’re enabling AI-Driven Revenue Management providing commercial intelligence and automation across the hospitality industry.
As a Data Scientist, you will discover and solve real world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data from multiple sources, defining new metrics and business cases, designing and developing machine learning models. You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to solve problems ranging from time series forecasting to pricing optimization.
If you’re the type of person who likes both data science and business, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll do:
- Perform data modeling experiments, evaluating against strong baselines, and extracting key statistical insights and/or cause and effect relations
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define, design, build and deploy machine learning models
- Maintain models, and update or refresh them as needed
- Stay current on industry trends and identify opportunities to adopt the latest methodologies into existing implementations
- Work with business partners to identify business opportunities and trends
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Data Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Machine Learning concepts and modeling techniques to solve problems such as regression, clustering, classification, time series, anomaly detection, and optimization problems on large scale data sets
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or related frameworks
- Working knowledge of Python both for research and software development purpose
- Understanding of AWS ecosystem
- Ability to break down technical concepts into simple terms to present to diverse, technical, and non-technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders, including analytics teams, development teams, product management and operations
Must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area