As part of an established venture capital fund with significant access to capital in the Menlo Park, CA area, this Data Scientist position will work within a lean team to conduct exceptional financial diligence, source new opportunities, and provide portfolio company support in the Internet, Media and Fin Tech Sectors. The team invests across stages from pre-seed to pre-IPO and takes an opportunistic approach to investments. This position can be remote or based in the Bay Area. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and refine models based on historical startup success
- Develop investment thesis using quantitative research
- Facilitate portfolio management through data science projects
- Effectively communicate with an ability to interpret and present analytical insights to stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree. B.S. Computer Science, Data Science or Statistics from top tier University
- Preferred Masters degree in Computer Science or Statistics
- Preferred 1-3 years of previous data scientist experience. A plus if within Venture Capital, Finance or investing space
- Data science/engineering and computer programming project experience
- Data science skills including Python, SQL, regression and statistical modeling
- Basic understanding of ML/AI and familiarity of key frameworks such as Tree Model, CNN, TensorFlow and Scikit-Learn
- Exceptional technical, analytical and research skills
- Preferred familiar with Excel VBA and PowerPoint
- Preferred experience with database such as AWS and MongoDB
- Preferred familiar with data visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Preferred data engineering and web-scraping skills
- Preferred familiar with PHP programming
- Preferred familiar with services providers such as Crunchbase, Tracxn, Pitchbook, SecondMeasure, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Intellectually curious with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Hard working
- Self-motivated & proactive
Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision plans and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. Paid holidays, paid time-off, and opportunities for professional development.