View job on Handshake
Data Sciences & AI Graduate Programme
Locations: Boston, Gaithersburg, US
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Fuel your curiosity, feel valued and follow the science
If you have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and a desire to explore and develop your skills in data science and artificial intelligence within a global biopharmaceutical organisation, our Data Science & AI Graduate Programme could be the perfect start to your career. You’ll gain invaluable insight, exposure and opportunities across our diverse, Research and Development organisation. We’ll accelerate your learning and help you achieve your potential.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
A company that genuinely follows the science and values individuals at all levels, you’ll be backed and encouraged to speak up, ask questions, and share ideas to push the boundaries of science and continuously learn and explore.
Embrace the novel opportunity to work at a business that puts patients first. Working with data and an agile mindset in our constantly changing business, we help uncover solutions that power the business to better harness the science and get it to market. It means we play our part in reaching patients in need and influencing outcomes.
What does the programme involve?
Starting in September 2022, the programme lasts two years, consisting of three individual eight month placements. Each placement will provide you with fantastic insights and experience in our use of machine learning, AI and data science to advance drug discovery and development.
The programme’s variety and flexibility provides you with opportunities to apply machine learning, AI, and data science techniques to help push our scientists push the boundaries of science to develop life changing medicines for patients worldwide. You could be contributing to detecting safety risks, designing novel molecules, optimising clinical trial design and processes, or developing new models for use in high profile drug discovery and development projects. As well as helping you broaden your industry and technical knowledge, we’ll help you develop ‘soft’ skills required to fulfil your career potential.
You will gain an invaluable blend of on-the-job experience and coaching. You’ll enjoy guidance and advice from a huge support network, including a mentor and dedicated programme manager. We’ll also encourage you to identify and build collaborative relationships with specialists and leaders across our organisation, and our external networks including leading academic and biotech research institutions.
Together, we’ll help accelerate your development and knowledge!
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a quantitative science focussed subject including Maths, Physics, Statistics, computer science and software engineering awarded in 2021, or due to be awarded in 2022.
- Experience of applying data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistics, computational biology, computational chemistry, bioinformatics or cheminformatics techniques.
- Knowledge of the design and application of machine learning or statistical models.
- Experience in using multiple data-centric programming languages to enable big data analysis (e.g. Python).
- Enthusiastic and passionate advocate for the potential of data science and AI to make an impact.
- Proactive problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Collaborative, with a partnership approach to achieving success.
- Available to start in September 2022
Together, we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients around the world!