Who We Are
Millennium Management is a global investment management firm founded in 1989 that manages approximately $53 billion in assets as of April 1, 2022. Millennium has more than 4,000 employees with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Over the last 30+ years, our mission has remained constant: to deliver the alternative investment industry’s highest quality returns to our investors, and to maintain a commitment to our principles of integrity, discipline and excellence.
Compliance administers governance programs, serving as point-of-contact with regulators and acting in an advisory capacity on regulatory and business developments in a dynamic, evolving regulatory setting.
The Data Science team at Millennium leverages new tools and techniques in the areas of large-scale data analytics and Machine Learning, to solve complex problems for the business. We are looking for a Data Science intern who will work with the team to develop large-scale data analytic capabilities to extract insights from structured and unstructured data. The role will focus on conducting R&D on data-driven solutions for business problems.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop innovative solutions for large scale data sets for developing new business insights
• Extract data from different data stores (SQL and no-SQL databases, s3, etc.)
• Pre-process data for consumption by Machine Learning models
• Feature engineering and feature selection
• Run evaluations comparing multiple modeling techniques
• Develop prototypes of tools
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- Rising seniors or Master’s students entering their final year who are interested in a future career at a premier alternative asset financial services firm
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above
- Major in Computer Science or related technical field
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong technical skills (proficiency in python or other programming languages)
- Solid written and verbal communications