View job on Handshake
The EPA National Student Services Contract has an immediate opening for a full-time contractor position; Data Science Modeling with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Salary: $30.16 per hour.
Travel: This job will be located EPA’s facility in Research Triangle Park, NC.
· Master’s coursework in one or more of statistics, data science, machine learning, user experience and design.
· Experience with quantitative techniques, basic statistics, and use of spreadsheets.
· Proven proficiency in the Python language
· Experience with using the Linux shell.
· Experience in working with the distributed version control system git.
· Experience with MySQL and MongoDB
· Strong reading comprehension skills and experience logically interpreting pieces of data.
· Experience with computational or mathematical modeling and/or data science techniques in any discipline.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Work Experience, and Education
· Basic experience with the R language is highly desirable.
· Be at least 18 years of age and
· Have earned at least a Masters’ degree in physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, applied sciences, environmental health, public health, exposure science, computer sciences, information technology, data science, or a related field of study from an accredited university or college within the last 24 months and
· Be a citizen of the United States of America or a Legal Permanent Resident.
EPA ORD employees, their spouses, and children are not eligible to participate in this program.
What the EPA project is about
The Center for Computational Toxicology and Exposure (CCTE) supports ORD by providing solutions-driven research to rapidly evaluate the potential human health and environmental risks due to exposures to environmental stressors and ensure the integrity of the freshwater environment and its capacity to support human well-being. CCTE researchers are developing and applying cutting edge innovations in methods to rapidly evaluate chemical toxicity, transport, and exposure to people and environments. Within CCTE, the Chemical Characterization and Exposure Division (CCED) performs research to develop and advance analytical chemistry, computational chemistry, and cheminformatic approaches that are critical to the rapid characterization of the presence, structural characteristics, and properties of chemicals that underlie chemical exposure, environmental fate, toxicokinetics and toxicity.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Master’s graduate to collaborate with EPA’s research team. Research experience includes:
- Modeling data;
- Analyzing data;
- Networking and exploring many career paths at EPA.
Interested in this research opportunity? If so, follow the link below to apply. Questions? Email DeAnna.Copeland@ORAU.org