Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
When you feel like you belong, work is no longer work – it’s personal. At Paylocity, we believe better employees lead to better companies. Workplaces and cultures that care will build the future, and at Paylocity, we’re doing just that. Join us as we develop strategies for change and transform the trajectory of your career!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, and if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Bring your talent and eagerness to learn to Paylocity, where you’ll discover the skills needed to launch your career!
Benefit from award-winning training and one-on-one coaching as you play a key role Paylocity’s future with an early careers position.
Explore how you can go from the classroom to the conference room with internships and new-grad programs at one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
Experience the support that’ll take you from grad to a flourishing career with a position in Paylocity’s early careers division!
Let’s go forward together.
Paylocity is growing its Data Practice Organization! Our data science team is responsible for developing machine learning solutions to meet client needs in domains ranging from NLP and supervised learning to time series forecasting and anomaly detection.
As a Data Scientist Intern in Product & Technology, you will help Paylocity discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, to help our customers make smarter human capital decisions that drive organizational success. Your primary focus will be to apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
- Select features, build, and optimize models using machine learning techniques such as time series methods, regression, random forests, gradient boosting, and neural networks
- Leverage cutting edge big data technologies on AWS and Microsoft Azure utilizing Databricks and Spark
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses and present results in a clear manner?
- Create automated data and modeling pipelines and develop custom performance tracking
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and product analysts to translate human capital management challenges into data science projects?
- Work closely with full stack software engineers in an agile product development environment to deliver machine learning software features
- On track to graduate in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 with a Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, industrial engineering, statistics, industrial-organizational psychology, neurology, public policy, linguistics, or another quantitative field
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong previous experience with Python or R and demonstrated experience building production grade machine learning models
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a desire to share your ideas
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members?
- Previous relevant full-time work experience as a software engineer, data analyst, product manager, consultant, or another technical or analytical role
- Experience with cloud infrastructure on AWS or Azure
- Very strong (top 15%) Kaggle performance
- Invested in staying current in data science by applying new technologies and practices
Our journey forward.
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. We comply with federal and state disability laws and make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.