As the world’s number 1 job site, our mission is to help people get jobs. We need talented, passionate people working together to make this happen. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for job seekers.
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable data science, engineering and product team building the most popular job site on the planet. Every month, over 200 million people count on us to help them find jobs, publish their resumes, process their job applications and connect them to qualified candidates for their job openings. With engineering hubs in Seattle, Austin, and Tokyo, we are improving people’s lives all around the world, one job at a time.
As a remote Data Scientist Intern at Indeed, your role is to follow the data. Analyze, visualize, and model job and job seeker related data. You will conduct statistical analysis and build and implement machine learning models to make, analyze and evaluate experiments, launches and decisions. You will have access to unparalleled resources within Indeed to grow and develop both personally and professionally.
We are looking for a someone with interests in between a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert, and engineer: someone who has a passion for building and improving Internet-scale products informed by data. The ideal candidate understands human behaviors and knows what to look for in the data.
- BS degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, or Mathematics; advanced degree preferred . Currently pursuing Masters or PhD
- Enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to it after the internship
- Expertise in data mining, statistical modeling, and/or machine learning
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data
- Strong ability to code in Python or R
We get excited about candidates who
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productization, and monitoring of data science products
- Can do data modeling work: R, Python
- Can fish for data: SQL, Pandas, or dplyr
- Can deploy data science solutions as Shiny, Flask, or Dash
- Have experience with the reading and implementing papers
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers and product managers
Indeed provides a variety of benefits that help us focus on our mission of helping people get jobs.
View our bounty of perks: https://www.indeed.jobs/career/Home#benefits
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America for the duration of the internship. The candidate must have work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment; May 2022 – August 2022.