At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are investing significantly in building our advanced analytics team. The Analytics team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite. This Data Scientist intern position will directly report to the Sr. Manager of Data Science.
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our advanced analytics practice; in this position you will apply your skills to unlock opportunities and enable top strategic priorities for TE. You will be working on problems that require advanced analytics applications to create value for diverse business functions such as supply chain, pricing, Industrial IOT & digital factory implementation, digital marketing and sales growth, and will impact business units that span through multiple geographic areas.
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12-week program, interns will be provided with:
- Onboarding & Orientation
- Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Operations Experience
- Executive Exposure
- Identify key hypotheses and data science approaches to solving analytics problems and getting to business outcomes.
- Work closely with business users to translate complex business problems into analytics problems and solutions. Ask questions to understand business intent, problem statement, analytics opportunity and value creation.
- Work closely with data engineering team to identify and consume relevant structured and unstructured data sources (including IoT sources such as manufacturing sensors systems).
- Develop statistical and machine learning models/algorithms through iterative process and rapid prototyping.
- Create technical documentation and presentation materials for completed projects.
This position will be located in Harrisburg, PA.
What your background should look like:
- Pursuing a Bachelors’ degree in data science, predictive analytics, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, software engineering, physics, or a closely related quantitative discipline.
- Good understanding of the fundamentals of statistics, machine learning and artificial intelligence using both structured and unstructured data sets
- Strong Python programming and Tableau visualization skills
- Experience in developing hypotheses or analytics solutions for business problems
- Experience in presenting complex analytics methodologies, analyses and insights in simple and concise manner to the business partners and senior leaders
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience in analytics solutions in industrial and/or manufacturing domains.
- Experience moving prototypes to production environment and optimizing models in production environment.
- Exposure to distributed computing frameworks as well as cloud technologies.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.