View job on Handshake
HALLMARK – WHEN YOU CARE ENOUGH YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
ABOUT HALLMARK’S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
We need sharp, energetic people to help us create, engineer, market, and deliver our products worldwide. Challenging summer internship opportunities are available for candidates pursuing degrees in areas such as Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Engineering, Human Resources, Psychology, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, and Computer Science.
The Data Science Intern will perform data analyses to derive insight, patterns, and correlations from Hallmark’s data and other external data that can inform revenue growth opportunities, identify cost avoidance opportunities, and shape strategy. Analysis will include applying quantitative data methods, database development , some data mining techniques. The analyses will need to be translated into key insights and interpretive summaries where easily interpreted by decision makers leveraging a variety of visual approaches. Past intern projects have included:
- Building out automated modeling technology to quickly predict future behavior of millions of consumers.
- NLP work on analyzing text data inside the Hallmark writing collection to label it with tone and predictive attributes.
- Predicting product category cross-propensities.
Interested? Follow the application instructions below to apply.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
The following is required to be considered for this role:
- Pursuing a masters degree or higher with a graduation date of December 2022 or later.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (must be stated on your resume).
- Experience using at least one of the following: Python, R, or SQL.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- Pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline – Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics, Data Science, or Computer Science.
- Applied experience using at least 2 of the following: Python, R, or SQL.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in major (must be stated on your resume).
- Strong curiosity and learning agility.
- Demonstrated application of analytics skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Permanent authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship preferred.
This internship will occur summer of 2022 (typically late May through early August) and may occur virtually. The intern program at Hallmark is the primary source for entry-level full-time hires either directly after graduation or for future pipeline. Full-time hiring decisions are based on performance and business need.
The final deadline for all applications is October 29th, 2020, and we plan to have all decisions made by Thanksgiving. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our program! #internhallmarklife