Founded by two MIT engineers in 2013, Ultranauts is an onshore quality engineering firm powered by cognitively diverse teams. We offer a broad suite of software and data quality services with specialized capabilities in test automation for software and data pipelines, advanced analytics, and accessibility. Ultranauts has been named a Fast Company World Changing Idea, MIT SOLVE Challenge winner and Interbrand Breakthrough Brand, and our clients include a wide range of F500 enterprises, cutting edge technology companies, and top-tier digital agencies. Ultranauts helps clients develop strategies to build quality into their processes and pipelines to enhance business value, and our quality engineering teams deliver manual and automated tests for new development, data management, and data science. Ultranauts is a 100% virtual company and all our team members work from home all throughout the United States (with the exception of Hawaii, due to time zone difference) and Canada. Candidates are not required to travel to an office during the hiring process, and once hired, Ultranauts team members will not be required to travel at any point during their employment.
Ultranauts is looking to hire a full-time Data Quality Analyst to join our Data Quality Engineering team and be part of a high growth, high impact services organization. The Ultranauts Data Quality Engineering team helps our clients articulate how data contributes to business value, identify data quality issues, and implement solutions to verify, validate, and monitor data quality.
Data Quality Analysts are responsible for researching and documenting the usage and specifications of the datasets under consideration in collaboration with the Ultranauts team and the client. Typical deliverables include Data Stories, Governance Assessments, Data Dictionaries, Catalogs, and Business Glossaries as required by the client. Data Quality Analysts do not need to write code, but should be able to execute simple SQL queries, as well as simple data profiling in R or Python, after training.
Data Quality Analysts work on either one large project or up to three smaller projects in parallel in teams of various sizes, and contribute to the team’s success by defining a solution approach with Engineers and Managers and delivering a high quality work product. As a member of the Ultranauts team, Data Quality Analysts need to be comfortable in a role that requires constant learning, maintaining regular communication with team members, working collaboratively in an agile environment, adapting to changing circumstances, and modelling Ultranauts’ core values of respect and excellence.
- Lead efforts to understand the Key Business Questions asked by end users of Data Systems for each Data Source. Conduct interviews and research existing documentation, manifests, user guides, confluence, etc. to fill in knowledge gaps about how data flows through a system.
- Understand how to apply this knowledge toward the creation of data maps with governance context and the creation of data dictionaries and catalogs.
- Collaborate with the client and Data Quality Engineers to define relevant data quality dimensions. Assist Data Quality Engineers with creating Test Plans.
- Collaborate with the Data Quality Engineering team and the Engagement Manager to create presentations and final deliverables.
- Understand the relationship between project activities, project outcomes, and business value. This requires knowing enough about the technical aspects of the solution strategy and deliverables to effectively support the team in client interactions.
- Contribute to the growth of the Data Quality Engineering practice by sharing knowledge and lessons learned from engagements, continually improving best practices, and contributing to methods that will systematically advance workforce capabilities.
- Contribute to building a Universal Workplace, where cognitively diverse teams can thrive, and model the organization’s positive, supportive culture of respect and excellence.
- Direct experience with any or all of the following: data quality, data management, data governance, analytics, business intelligence, dashboards or reporting, or data science.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with DQE engineers, launch team members, and other internal subject matter experts to successfully leverage and continually improve Ultranauts’ tools, processes, and resources.
- Ability to learn basic programming concepts and basic commands in SQL, R, and Python. Training will be provided.
- Ability to seek out and interact with diverse stakeholders on the client side to understand how data contributes to business value.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with Data Quality Engineering practice leaders and other internal subject matter experts to successfully leverage and continually improve Ultranauts’ tools, processes, and resources.
- Ability to work independently to coordinate and manage the work of remote staff with varying communication styles and technical skill levels, balance priorities, help the team meet deadlines, and articulate and escalate needs and issues.
- Aptitude for learning new subject matter in technical and business domains, and cooperate with engineers and other analysts to dissect complex problems as they drive toward simple, effective solutions.
- Aptitude for becoming familiar with new tools and technologies.
- Direct experience with agile methodologies (Scrum certification or coaching experience a plus); direct experience with or exposure to lean methodologies a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a professional and positive demeanor, cultivating a day-to-day work environment where Ultranauts teams can be optimally productive as they drive toward client satisfaction and project success.
Key Position Benefits
- The chance to work with talented and motivated colleagues
- The opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing, innovative, mission-driven company
- Focus on continuous learning and career growth
- Support for team well being and mental health
- Flexibility as the norm and a 100% remote team
- Inclusive workplace practices such as Inclusive Agile
- Company funded health insurance and life coaching