BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, unions, political campaigns, international groups, and companies. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach– serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About The Team:
Ripple is a proprietary, business-to-business technology product that helps our clients identify, engage, and measure impact on influencers who matter to their causes or brands. You will join a small and growing team of data, engineering, and product professionals to help us solve some exciting and challenging problems and to deploy the next generation of Ripple.
About the Role:
As a Data Manager, you will help our Ripple team maintain a current and trackable stream of data sources that power the influencer platform. You will help the team identify creative ways of capturing important data elements for Ripple and the most efficient ways of gathering that data.
What you’ll Do:
- Audit and document data source details for a complex arrangement of sources for our influencer platform, Ripple
- Identify data gaps in our current suite of data sources and ways to get that new data. Specifically, you’ll become the team’s go-to person on handling different types of data access points: from an API, a data repo, etc.
- Coordinate the team’s data refresh schedule based on need and availability.
- Support our team with prioritizing downstream tasks based on the data refresh schedule and the workflows involved to ingest them. You may also help us determine when new workflows are needed!
- Facilitate data requests and acquisition from a variety of resources.
What We Are Seeking:
- Experience (at least 1 year) using Python + SQL to access, store, and retrieve data.
- Project management experience including strong skills with tracking tools, providing proactive updates, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Experience collaborating and translating technical requirements with engineers, developers, analysts, and/or data scientists to address data sourcing and ingestion challenges
- Genuine curiosity to dig below the surface when presented with data
- Passion for social impact in a data and technology space
You may also have:
- Familiarity with a modern application cloud-based tech stack
- Hands-on experience with APIs
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (we use Git)
- Experience and comfortability working in the command line interface (CLI)
What We Offer:
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- premier health insurance plan
- 401K matching
- unlimited vacation
- 14+ weeks paid parental leave
- professional development & learning stipend
- flexible working hours
- telecommuting options
- pre-tax transportation options
- and more!
The salary for this position is $75,000 annually.
While we prefer this position to be in the Washington, DC area, we are open to considering candidates from within the U.S.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes he or she requires such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, he or she should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify.