The future will not be televised. It will be streamed. Help us make it happen.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
With tens of million players sold across many countries, thousands of streaming channels and billions of hours watched over the platform, building scalable, highly-available, fault-tolerant, big data platform is critical for our success.
Our Data Engineering team’s mission is to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us, for our partners, and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support Roku’s exploding ad business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives.
You will love this job if you enjoy:
- Scratch-build a highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using AWS technologies, HDFS, YARN, Map-Reduce, Hive, Kafka, Spark, and other big data technologies. These systems should handle batch and real-time data processing over 10s of terabytes of data ingested every day and petabyte-sized data warehouse.
- Low level systems debugging, performance measurement & optimization on large production clusters.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
You’re the right fit for this role if you:
- Are currently pursing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Engeering, or a related field.
- Graduating in December 2022 or later.
- Are proficient in at least one object-oriented language is desired, Java, Python or Scala Preferred.
- Have experience with SQL.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
We strive to make Roku a great place to work for employees who don’t need a lot of handholding. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. We have high expectations and pay well in a competitive market. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a small but mighty team that’s changing how the world watches TV. We think that’s pretty cool. How about you?