Data Engineer II
We are seeking a Data Engineer with experience in pipeline integrations and warehousing to help Myriad Genetics, Inc. deliver innovative products that allow patients to make life-changing decisions. Our genetic screening and testing help to provide actionable insights to empower people to make critical and timely healthcare decisions by using molecular diagnostic tests for hereditary cancer, urological cancer, depression, and other diseases. We are excited about the future and remain committed to advancing the science of personalized medicine as we develop more products to address unmet medical needs.
This is a REMOTE – WORK FROM HOME position with flex-work as an option if you are near a Myriad location.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will create and update pipeline integrations and our enterprise warehouse, which will involve development in Python, dbt, and Snowflake, to support operational and strategic reporting for all business units and stakeholder groups at Myriad. You’ll be an active contributor in translating C#, PowerShell, and SSIS pipeline integrations and warehousing to the new platform codebase. The Data Engineer II position reports directly to the Senior Data Engineering Manager and will work closely with reporting analytics and data science teams.
- Develop in Python to create integrations with a mix of on-prem and cloud-based databases, APIs, and flat file sources.
- Translate C#, PowerShell, and SSIS integrations to Python equivalents.
- Use dbt to create transformations of raw data into business definitions for the enterprise warehouse.
- Work collaboratively with other Data Engineers to develop solutions and with reporting analysts to ensure business requirements are met with solutions.
- Engage in development opportunities to learn new technologies and challenge yourself, while providing business-critical results.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- Prioritize Impact
- Hone Your Craft
- Own It and Make it Happen
- Scale Each Other
- Commit to Diversity
- Keep it Simple
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Analytics or equivalent combination of degree and tenure in field.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in SQL development.
- Strong experience working with relational databases and query authoring.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal data and processes to provide answers regarding data integrity.
- Experience with object-oriented programming (Python, C#, Java).
- Experience in blending/transforming raw data from a variety of sources.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC) practices.
- Experience with ticketing and collaboration tools (i.e. Jira, Confluence).
- Experience with SQL Server, Snowflake, Oracle, Postgres.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of integrating with API endpoints.
- Experience with version control (i.e. GitHub).
- Query optimization/tuning.
TO DISCOVER ALL THE REMARKABLE ADVANCEMENTS THROUGHOUT MYRIAD GENETICS, INC PLEASE VISIT:
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, military or veteran status.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company’s website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.