View job on Handshake
The Data Engineer (DE) position requires a creative problem solver who is passionate about client service. This role will work with the Project Manager and Senior Data Engineers to produce timely, best-in-class deliverables. This role specializes in obtaining, reconciling, analyzing, and preparing data for use in performing sales tax consulting engagements with an emphasis on preparing audit-ready data populations for the Service Delivery teams quickly and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a positive team member experience.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, displays a positive demeanor and team spirit.
- Plays a key role in driving collaboration across team members, other practices and outside entities.
- Assists senior team members in retrieving data from client systems.
- Assists clients and Ryan consultants in data analysis and manipulation.
- Travels to client sites to assist client in gathering additional data and other necessary documentation.
- Collaborates with remote and local teammates to ensure efficient design and timely completion of deliverables.
- Assist senior team members in preparing client and project correspondence.
- Assists in the acquisition, extraction, and transfer of client data.
- Analyzes data from client accounting systems to verify accuracy and completeness.
- Develops and deploys data extraction technologies to perform data extractions from client systems.
- Manipulates data using Microsoft® Access, SQL, and proprietary software.
- Assists with the installation of data extraction tools such as Ryan eExtract®, for various ERP systems.
- Analyzes large data at terabyte scale using modern database technologies.
- Develops code in Java or Python to support ETL process and contribute to existing code bases. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS or MBA preferred in information systems or computer science. Other STEM degrees with relevant work experience or coursework are considered.
- 1-3 years of full-time work experience is a plus. Client-facing or consulting experience is considered a differentiator.
- Experience with an enterprise or NoSQL database is a plus.
- Implementation experience with a major ERP system is a plus.
The candidate must have a strong command of SQL and uses ETL software such as Visual Studio to build and execute SSIS packages for data manipulation, loading, and processing as well as either Java or Python to perform successfully. Ability to work in the Microsoft Office suite is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
The position requires no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: 30 to 40%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran