Title of role: Data Engineer
Background & Purpose of the Job
The North AmericaData Engineer – will lead in the development, maintenance and adoption of the Unilever data lake architecture and the respective data pipelines, models and subsequent products. This role will be partnering with internal data scientists, project managersand external stakeholders across the businessto deliver advanced analytics. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The North America Data & Analytics team is comprised of data engineering, data science and product management. As a Data Engineer you will create and maintain optimal data pipelines architectures through Azure and build large, complex data models. This includes working with business stakeholders to gather goals and outline requirements all the way through building the technical components. This role requires a detail oriented, creative technologist, comfortable working in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Education & Training: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, analytics, information technology or related technical discipline required; Graduate degree in related field a plus.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in analytics industry with Data Engineering expertise, CPG industry experience a plus
- Extensive experience with SQL required
- Experience with SAP and/or Oracle databases preferred.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Azure and Azure services required
- Python & Spark experience is a must
- Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership in delivering for our customer and businesses.