Want to make a tangible difference in the future of accountable care?
Love applying the latest technologies and statistical models to solve tough problems?
Looking for a fulfilling career that gives you autonomy, mastery and purpose?
We are a small team of data scientists, actuaries, programmers and healthcare economics experts who love what we do and wouldn’t trade it for the world. Join us!
As a Data Engineer / Backend Developer, at Validate, you’ll get to play a key role in shaping the delivery of powerful data-driven products that enable sustainable value-based healthcare models.
▪ Leverage scalable data processing tools, open source data science ecosystem and cloud technologies: Python, Anaconda stack (Jupyter Notebook, NumPy, Pandas, Dask, MatPlotLib/Bokeh, SciPy, Scikit-Learn), Postgres, Airflow, TensorFlow, Spark and several AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Redshift) to…
▪ Automate the processing of patient-level healthcare transactions, third party data sources and aggregated public health data
▪ Ingest, transform, cleanse and augment internal and external data assets. Build algorithms for fuzzy matching, de-duplication and rule-based de-identification.
▪ Implement mathematical models using Python data science tools. Generate automated simulations and forecasts of large number of scenarios. Fully indulge your love for math, statistics and logical problem solving.
▪ Generate insightful and innovative visualizations and output reports that tell a “data story” and support your findings.
▪ Perform data modeling and performance optimization on relational databases. Write SQL for defining database objects and performing manipulations.
▪ Continuously learn by investigating and adopting new technologies. We love to experiment with cool technologies!
The right candidates brings aptitude, attitude, curiosity and grit that’s shines in a startup environment. If you’re more into an established corporate environment, this is not the role for you.
- Computer Science degree from a respected university program. Masters preferred or Bachelors with history of accomplishments.
- Two experience levels available:
- 5+ years of full-time experience or demonstrated accomplishments in software development. OR
- Recent university graduate with Computer Science degree from a top tier program.
- Demonstrated mastery with Python and its ecosystems of data manipulation libraries. (Also beneficial to have knowledge of other data science tools, such as R or SAS.)
- Must demonstrate mastery through successfully completed internship or a personal project outside of the classroom.
- High level of expertise in SQL, relational database optimization, stored procedures and data modeling. Understanding of or desire to learn graph database concepts.
- Mastery of Linux command line, shell utilities and Git / GitHub.
- Understanding of methods to ingest and process non-relational JSON and XML formatted data.
- Experience with scalable cloud data services. AWS RDS and Redshift are preferred, but Azure or GCP are good too.
- Familiarity with concepts used by ETL tools (such as SSIS, Informatica and Talend) is a plus, but an ability to create more purpose-built solutions by leveraging open source tools is a must. We love Open Source and so should you!
- Desire to be an expert in healthcare and passionate about making an impact in this field. Experience with healthcare claims and clinical data is beneficial. Understanding of HIPAA compliance is a plus.
- Aptitude, attitude, curiosity and grit that’s shines for a startup environment.
- Remote position allows you to work from just about anywhere!
- Fun, energetic and rewarding learning environment
- Opportunity for continuous learning and experimentation through daily team whiteboard sessions
- Stock options
- Salary that grows with the company
- Health, vision, and dental coverage
*We are currently only accepting candidates based in the US / North America and available for immediate full-time employment.*
- Send in your latest resume to careers+Handshake@ValidateHealth.com.
- Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Please include links to LinkedIn and GitHub if applicable, and any other links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as publications, blog or portfolio.
- Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements.
- Indicate that you’re willing to take an aptitude test.
- Add “Data Engineer via Handshake” to the subject line.