View job on Handshake
We are looking for a data engineer. The best candidate will have a technical background – with an interest in analytics and a focus on implementation. We will also consider analysts and applied mathematicians, with a strong desire to learn technical skills. We are willing to teach given the right candidate.
If newly graduating, we will look for dedicated coursework in database normalization, linear algebra, algorithms and complexity theory (or the equivalent). Preference is given to candidates familiar with the existing stack (MSSQL, Redshift, AWS, C#) or similar technologies.
Applicants should want to work on structured, well-formed databases – with an understanding that it may not always be possible, but to strive towards that ideal. Further, all candidates must be willing to do the work to maintain, grow, and refactor that environment.
As a data engineer your primary responsibilities will be to amass, analyze and model data. Initially, you will be given ETL tasks, and once proven, given more long-term projects (models, migrations, etc.). Most of your work will be independent projects (which you are given ownership), collaborating with a small team, and guided by a mentor, as necessary.
If this sounds like something that might interest you, we want to hear from you.
What you’ll bring
- Data-driven approach
- Focus on implementation
- Some experience with relational databases and warehousing (Transact-SQL, Postgres, Redshift, etc.)
- Exposure to Data Lakes, Cloud-based or Distributed Storage (S3, Azure, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree applied math field, or equivalent experience
What we’ll bring
- An array of projects that are exciting, fun to work on, and satisfying to deliver
- A team that will not only value your input but welcome it
- A quiet work environment with flexible hours.
- A computer that won’t slow you down, with the latest development tools on the market.
- Paid vacation, medical and dental health benefits, 401(k) with 5% match, paid parental leave and other insurance coverage
What we’ll do together
- Build a brand with a focus on service that helps tens of thousands of people