Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Cadmus seeks a Data Engineer for its Energy Services division to help develop and maintain analytics and reporting platforms and support statistical analyses for Cadmus and our clients. Cadmus is a leading provider of advanced analytics and consulting services in the areas of energy demand side management, renewable and distributed energy, sustainability, utility resource planning and load forecasting for energy companies, utilities, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Our talented, multidisciplinary staff provides comprehensive solutions to complex energy and sustainability problems.
Qualified candidates will have experience with database management, visualization, and various tools associated with data lifecycle management. A primary responsibility of the job will be to support new and continuing projects that have data related needs including building and maintaining databases, extracting and/or transforming data, creating pipelines, and providing various analytics and reporting support.
Working alongside collaborative, client-service driven colleagues, the data manager is a key contributor to our innovative solutions. In addition to technical acumen, we seek a team-member who is a problem solver, excited to build and improve our systems.
- Work independently and collaboratively with peers and project managers to deliver high-value solutions to clients and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency, quality, and reproducibility of research methods
- Assist with planning, designing, and implementing research to support program evaluations
- Support primary and secondary data collection and statistical and econometric data analysis
- Assist with project management activities
- Contribute to the design, management, and implementation of multiple SQL databases
- Contribute to the optimization and automation of existing data-flow processes
- Develop ETL solutions to ingest data from various sources, such as APIs and CSVs
- Produce data visualizations to distill information and provide meaningful conclusions and recommendations for industry clients
- BA/BS in economics, statistics, mathematics, data science, or other quantitative science or social science field with 2-4 years academic or professional experience
- Experience with SQL Server, and SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS, SSRS) or similar SQL and ETL software
- Hands-on experience with associated database ETL tools such as Azure Data Factory
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and supporting applications that interface with data warehouses such as Power BI, Tableau, or RShiny
- Skilled in database architecture and design principles including relational database design, views, indexes, joins
- Demonstrated experience in refactoring, testing, debugging, and optimizing SQL code
- Experience with R, Python, or other statistical software to clean, transform, or analyze data is highly desired
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Experience using version control and ticket systems such as GitLab, GitHub, or Jira
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen.
Position is open to work remotely within the United States.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.