View job on Handshake
Since opening in 1996, the mission of Chelsea Piers Fitness has never changed: provide unrivaled space, unmatched sports facilities, and best-in-class programming – all under one roof. In 2018, Chelsea Piers Fitness brought its commitment to world-class fitness to Downtown Brooklyn with its first stand-alone fitness facility.
Both the Chelsea and Brooklyn locations feature studio-quality fitness programming, indoor swimming pools, recreational and competitive sports clubs, comprehensive personal training services, communal work and social spaces, artisanal food offerings and a year-round calendar of social and cultural events that reflect the ethos of the neighborhoods they serve. Chelsea Piers Fitness is designed to inspire and reflect the creative needs of its members as they build toward achieving their fitness goals.
Chelsea Piers Fitness seeks an analytical individual to join our team performing a variety of statistical and business analysis associated with current and future Chelsea Piers Fitness locations.
The responsibilities and duties described are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
The Data and Business Analyst provides key analytical support for Chelsea Piers Fitness field operations and corporate stakeholders. Responsibilities will include creating monthly, weekly and ad hoc statistical reporting, while synthesizing large amounts of data in a fashion that is accessible and digestible to key stakeholders and partners.
This person will work closely with our Finance, Marketing, Sales and General Management teams to support acquisition and retention efforts; provide reporting and analysis focused on performance, Life Time Value (LTV) and Return on Investment (ROI) opportunities. The analyst will be required to provide key insights and recommendations that support day-to-day analytics needs for cross-functional stakeholders.
The analyst will perform cohort analysis, measure customer segment performance and play a key role in defining our customer segmentation strategy. A key goal is to uncover surprising insights to engage new members and tell our story to current and prospective business partners. The analyst will play a central role in optimizing the use of our current business systems and help unlock new efficiencies as we continue to scale our business.
- Deliver and automate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting; design and build visually engaging and informative dashboards for Chelsea Piers Fitness based on business trends
- Generate reporting and analysis focused on performance, LTV and ROI primarily through our Customer Relationship Management and Digital Marketing platforms
- Perform cohort analysis, measure customer segment performance and play a key role in defining our customer segmentation strateg
- Serve as CP Fitness technology admin on the following business systems: Customer Relationship Manager (Zoho), Club Management Software (Exerp), Enterprise Resource Planner (Netsuite)
- Provide analytical insights and recommendations to help stakeholders better understand business performance, customer behavior and support strategic and tactical decisions to improve outcomes
- Present analyses and findings to key CP Fitness stakeholders; identifying drivers and opportunities of business performance
- Translate complex findings into actionable recommendations and insights for all key stakeholders; build consensus & solicit buy-in to recommended changes
- Generate data-driven insights and optimization opportunities that lead to revenue growth & cost savings for the business
- Analyze impact of integrated digital & social campaigns on Chelsea Piers & Chelsea Piers Fitness lead generation and new member conversion
- Oversee data collection across multiple sources; consolidate data inputs from all web & app analytics sources to create a comprehensive measurement framework and reports for key stakeholders
- Design and implement processes to promote data integrity & validation across business systems
- Liaise with business and technology partners to build insightful analytical solutions
- Identify areas where operational efficiency can be improved through enhanced automation; implement those enhancements
- Assess monthly performance of core businesses and support business unit leader(s) in monthly presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or statistics with a concentration in accounting, finance or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience which can be comprised of a mix of relevant work experience and education that analyzes, explores, dashboard building, and ad-hoc analysis
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required
- Experience working with large data sets and ability to summarize raw data sets into a concise, presentable format
- Experience working with digital web and social media analytics platforms – Facebook and Google are a plus
- Advance knowledge of Zoho, Exerp, and/or Netsuite a plus
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude
- Must be a team player willing to work collaboratively internally and with other departments
- Excellent communication and interpretation skills; ability to respond to subjective ad-hoc requests as well as communicate across departments
- Desire to be hands on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn quickly and organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- The ability to handle multiple projects, working both collaboratively and independently