Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or St. Louis, MO, or Remote
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Data & Analytics
Your Role: To gather data and conduct statistical analysis to effectively present findings to business stakeholders in order to influence key decisions within the business. You will work with others in IT and the business to support modernization of reporting/visualizations to enable more timely and effective business decisions.
- Produce insights using data to help drive business strategies.
- Conduct trend and correlation analysis.
- Provide statistical research and analysis for complex process improvement initiatives.
- Create and report on leading indicators that impact key business areas.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations where applicable to achieve company and department goals.
- Support and help administer functions of the Dot Analytics technology stack – data warehouse, data movement, data quality, and business intelligence.
- Work with vendors and consultants as appropriate.
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel 1-3 nights per quarter for company meetings, inter-departmental interactions, conferences, etc. Must have the ability to travel independently by all modes of transportation, including car, train, or plane.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Effective project management and planning skills
- Strong background in applied mathematics and advanced statistics including regression analysis, analysis of variance, correlations, linear algebra
- Effective interpersonal skills, with positive professional verbal and written skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- Proficiency in the use of statistical methodologies
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment