SupplyHouse.com, an e-commerce heating, plumbing, and HVAC supply company, is searching for a Data Analyst to join our Finance Team. If you are looking for a career that will allow you to leverage data power in order to enhance the success of a company, we want to hear from you!
This is a remote-based role within select states in the United States. At this time, we are only able to employ those located in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.
This position will require travel to our NY office headquarters for up to four times per year for internal meetings and team-building activities. The cost of travel for employees out of the area will be covered by the company. Additionally, our offices are always available for staff to use as much as desired.
Role Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote (Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington)
- Create routine reports
- Obtain and manipulate raw data using SQL, Excel, R, or Python
- Create algorithms and use illustrative techniques to produce high-quality dashboards and reports to uncover economic trends that provide value to the business
- Document the report generating process for cross-training purposes
- Interpret and analyze data
- Explore new data points and validate existing data sources
- Manipulate and leverage the existing dataset to analyze alongside company goals and identify key issues or areas of opportunity
- Track and observe trends of data to discover action items to increase revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction
- Identify and communicate findings
- Collaborate inter-departmentally to acquire data sources, clarify definitions, and solve pain points.
- Identify findings and communicate opportunities for growth and innovation, and help make data-driven decisions
- Present recommendations to management and provide suggestions for strategies on marketing efforts and operational success
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or another quantitative field (preferred)
- Proficient Excel skills and basic SQL knowledge
- Excellent analytical abilities and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and reprioritize as needed
- Ability to take feedback and constantly improve work quality
- Master’s degree or working experience in the above fields
- Knowledge of Python/R or other massive data/statistical software
- Data visualization skills in BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with financial statements