DLA Piper LLP (US) has a COVID vaccine policy, and this position may require in-office presence. Request for reasonable accommodations may be considered in accordance with applicable laws.
DLA Piper LLP (US) is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results-oriented people who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have exceptional problem-solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Data Analyst interested in working closely with attorneys and clients, we want to hear from you!
This position is remote. However, candidates may be required on occasion to visit the local office when/if needed. Candidates must reside in a state where there is a DLA Piper office.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, analytics, statistics, computer science or similar quantitative field
- 2 years of data-related experience
- Experience with basic data science tools: Python, R, SQL, SAS, NLTK, Scikit-Learn, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, and Jupyter
- Basic understanding of data science concepts: probability, statistics, hypothesis testing, machine learning, natural language processing, predictive modeling, data visualization
- Basic understanding of Big data tools: Hadoop, Azure, etc.
- Must be creative, capable of solving complex problems and be comfortable working both independently and part of a larger diverse team
- Strong academic background from nationally recognized schools
What will your day look like?
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for collecting, extracting, cleansing, transforming, managing, analyzing, and visualizing data to help develop innovative and efficient solutions for the Firm and its clients. You will write code, create visualizations/reports, and test/validate data-related tools and applications. In addition, the Data Analyst will interact with a wide variety of people, including partners, legal professionals, vendors, and clients of the firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reap the rewards of their success.
Agency applications will not be considered.