Westamerica is among the largest commercial banks headquartered in California. We are looking for outstanding people to join our winning team. We reached our current strength because our employees, customers, and shareholders believe in the same fundamental goals: Delivering a wide variety of financial services with a superior customer service guarantee.
Recruiters are responsible for hiring strong candidates into a variety of positions. Westamerica Bank offers competitive salaries, substantial incentive compensation, great benefits, and a supportive work environment.
• Medical benefits
• Dental, Vision & 401(k)
• Paid time off
• Profit sharing
The Corporate Recruiter will partner with hiring managers to anticipate and meet the evolving needs of the bank and to deliver best talent to the organization. Facilitates full-cycle recruitment process, incorporating proven strategy and best practices, sourcing strategy, establishing candidate profile, candidate screening, conducting and scheduling interviews, advising and guiding hiring managers, assessing candidates and closing requisitions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent in a multi-site organization, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
• Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
• Source passive candidate through various recruiting tools such as search engines and social media sites like LinkedIn, Indeed, job boards, community sources and other means.
• Knowledge of Boolean searches and additional candidate sourcing resources.
• Identify and determine most qualified candidates to meet client demands.
• Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring manager, business leaders and HR.
• Regular follow up with the respective hiring managers and candidates.
• Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
• Ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
• Stay up-to-date on employment law legislation as it relates to recruitment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of Staffing/Recruitment experience or 2 years of banking experience
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and team-based project experience
• Understanding of the full-cycle recruitment process
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws, labor laws, governmental compliance requirements and laws
• Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office and in depth knowledge of resume sourcing databases and professional directories.
• Experience with Taleo ATS or other applicant tracking systems preferred
• Experience in general HR functions is preferred