Job Description Summary
PTC has a 24-year proud history – including a few moments of seemingly insurmountable challenges. PTC was built by talented people who are persistent and hard-working. PTC was also fortunate to have received investments at key challenging moments in our history.
PTC recognizes that many recent University graduates are talented, persistent, and hardworking – and they need someone to invest in them during a personally challenging moment. PTC is proud to step forward and help recent college graduates with our “PTC Talent Pipeline Program” that provides one year of training and real-world work experience.
- Utilize informatics techniques to maximize the value of data generated across several PTC initiatives dedicated to discovering and developing new medicines for human diseases.
- Arrange research data in preparation for loading into the Research databases.
- Collaborate with scientists and assist with the data loading process.
- Troubleshoot applications for scientific data management.
- Assist the RI team in developing and optimizing new workflows.
- Collaborate with the RI team to create new applications using data science techniques.
- Observe and learn from more experienced employees.
- Attending meetings, workshops, and other learning events.
- Collaborate with scientists, managers, supervisors, and other senior personnel.
- Complete assigned tasks and assist with day-to-day operations
- Learn about the company’s policies, protocols, and processes.
- Must follow company protocols, regulations, and policies
- Document preparation and record updating
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Biology or Chemistry
- Intermediate experience manipulating data in Excel
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Good understanding of data analytics and visualization using R or Python
- Good understanding of databases (Oracle, NoSQL) and ability to write SQL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of excel, including writing Macro’s and data manipulation
- Superb attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experiences with Java programming is a plus
- This is a one (1) year Talent Pipeline Program, and the candidate/applicant must be able to complete the entire one-year program.
- The fellow must be a recent college graduate.
For consideration, each applicant MUST answer the four (4) questions below in your cover letter to be considered for this one-year PTC Talent Pipeline Program.
1. Why do you want to be part of this program?
2. How do you feel like you can make a difference in the world?
3. What would it mean to you to work for a cause as much as a company?
4. What interests you most with this opportunity?