View job on Handshake
This position is a Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Keystone Program Opening.
Clarification from the agency
This announcement is open to All U.S. Citizens and is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense).
Positions will be filled at any of the locations listed below. Site specific salary information as follows:
- Hazelwood, MO: $45,568 – $59,234
- Huntsville, AL: $46,377 – $60,285
- Ft. Worth, TX: $48,391 – $62,903
- Hanscom AFB, MA: $50,089 – $65,110
- Baltimore, MD: $50,643 – $65,831
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement.
- Serves as a developmental Contract Price/Cost Analyst intern within DCMA.
- Completes classroom and on-the-job training to acquire, exercise, and maintain knowledge of the duties inherent to price/cost analyst of cost or pricing proposals.
- Assists with evaluating each element of contractor proposals.
- Assists with resolving Cost Accounting Standard (CAS) issues.
- Assists with reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating unit cost and price data in contractor proposals.
- 25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Security Requirements: Noncritical-Sensitive with Secret Access (Willing to Obtain & Maintain)
- Selectee may be required to serve a trial/probationary period.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Acquisition, Technology & Logistics (AT&L) NON-CAP: This position requires an Acquisition, Technology and Logistics Level I certification in the Contracting Career Field within 24 months, unless a Position Requirements Waiver is approved to extend.
- COVID19 – To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
To be considered for a Recent Graduate appointment you must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Complete all requirements for an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution not more than two years before the date of the appointment; OR a person who has completed a period of obligated service in a uniformed service of more than four years, such term means a person who was awarded a degree not more than four years before the date of the appointment.
- In addition to meeting the Recent Graduate eligibility requirements, your resume and supporting documentation must support:
A. Basic Contracting Requirement:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees
- A current civilian employee in DoD or member of the Armed Forces, who occupied an 1102 position, contracting officer position, or comparable military contracting position with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold on or before September 30, 2000 are excluded from the requirements of “1” above.
B. Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience that equipped you with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position and is directly in or related to this position. To qualify at the GS-07 level, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military, or private sector. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements including minimum qualifications, and any other regulatory requirements by the cut-off/closing date of the announcement. Creditable specialized experience includes:
- Comparing prices on reoccurring types of contract procurements.
- Presenting information orally and writing reports.
C. Education Substitution: Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. Education must be from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education. See http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. If using education to meet basic qualifications, YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT as supplemental documentation. To qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you must possess one (1) full academic year of graduate education, law school, or superior academic achievement.
D. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school’s definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
During the Keystone Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training development program will consist of the following:
- Report initially to the Contract Management Office (CMO)/Center in the duty location for which you were selected.
- Travel TDY (Temporary Duty Travel) for one week to attend training at the DCMA Learning Campus (DLC) in Fort Lee, VA. Dates to be determined due to COVID restrictions.
- Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for on-the-job (OJT) and developmental training.
- Return within the three year developmental training to the DLC, HQ or other CMO locations for assessment/various functional specific training.