Job Description: As a Consultant, you will work in small teams to build the strategies, capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results. Our firm utilizes the Theory of Constraints (TOC) in all of our implementations. You will also be responsible for developing relationships with key client stakeholders and ensure the client is satisfied throughout the engagement.
You will have the opportunity to manage projects, including tracking metrics and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. Additionally, you’ll develop practical recommendations and look for opportunities to improve engagement profitability.
You will also work alongside the client’s team, assisting with implementation tasks. This could include facilitating workshops with front-line and supervisors, connecting with and motivating the client team, or developing skills of client team members when appropriate.
• 3+ years’ experience working in Change Management
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college/university
• Strong understanding of change management principles, methodologies, and leading practices with previous experience with organizational change efforts
• Ability to communicate ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, leveraging Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft tools
• Comfortable with significant client interaction and interest in building relationships
• Strong interest in coaching or mentoring others
• Ability to apply a range of analytical tools, gain and synthesize insights and develop solutions using Theory of Constraints framework
• Proven ability to frame projects and establish required governance to move projects forward. S/he will have to engage appropriate resources from within the team, from the line areas specifically sponsoring the project, and potentially external consultants or other support areas with the Firm
• Ability to travel as needed (expect 80%, will vary by project)
*Note, while our North America HQ is located in San Jose, this position does not require relocation and candidates can have a homebase from anywhere in the continental US.
We take on projects only when we believe our clients will achieve significant results. We tie a substantial portion of our fees to our clients’ achieving the targeted results. A few examples include:
Boeing documented hundreds of millions of dollars of savings through the application of the Theory of Constraints (TOC) to its Product Development Portfolio. We worked with Boeing to develop a Critical Chain solution that was simple and powerful enough to be deployed across the organization and produce dramatic improvements in a short period of time.
Delta Air Lines’ Catering Operations reported a 75% reduction in number of delays by applying TOC. Collaboration between Delta and its suppliers that run the catering operations, was critical to the project’s success. This collaboration, unprecedented in the industry, was achieved by creating win-win contracts, establishing new rules of working together, and setting up agreements on transparency.
Utah State Hospital for Mental Health achieved a reduction in its waiting list of patients from ~100 to 15. The average wait times decreased from 168 days to 40, capacity increased 78% and discharges increased 69%. The project involved synchronizing all services to a clinically driven, patient-centered discharge date. It required changes in policies, doctor and psychiatrists’ behavior, and unprecedented collaboration with the courts.
Internal surveys reveal that GCNA employees rank their work experience highly, based on
• Ability to make a quantifiable difference to our customers
• Ability to contribute independently
• Ability to grow based on performance, not politics
• Exposure to different industries and problems
• Interactions with top management