We are seeking an experienced Construction Operations Manager to positively impacting the organization. This position’s primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing hands-on, strategic leadership. The Construction Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, communication, productivity and effectiveness of the construction team.
We are a family business built on the core values of honor, integrity, and accountability. Since 1989, our services have grown and expanded throughout the San Francisco/Bay Area, and our business philosophy has stayed the same: to build long-term relationships with our customers and care for them with the highest level of customer service.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide oversight and manage Baker’s Construction Division
- Manage up to 10 projects simultaneously, with a team of 20 to 35 field workers
- Maintain a great client experience and amazing work environment
- Coordinate supervision, project management oversight, and client relations
- Track the performance of individual projects based on profit, manpower, and schedule
- Improve operational workflows and reporting procedures
- Mentor, train, empower the team to drive accountability and increase profit margins
- Recruit, manage, and retain a high-quality technician workforce while maintaining the company culture and positive environment
- Develop and maintain stock inventory program & purchasing with proper standard cost
- Collaborate with offshore logistics team to coordinate schedules
- Coordinate with different teams to foster exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities
- Partner with executive team to establish KPI’s and SOP’s, manage and improve quality control
- Identify potential problems and points of friction and work to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency and revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, construction, or equivalent relevant professional experience is a plus
- 5+ years of operations management experience
- Strong computer skills, project management and software knowhow
- Proven experience developing & executing a business plan, achieving, or exceeding planned P&L objectives
- Experience resolving issues effectively, identifying and calling out problems, comfortable with conflict and ability to resolve in a
- practical, healthy, and professional manner
- Experience scaling a business across new service lines, vertical, and locations
We offer a great Benefit package that includes Medical, Dental, 401(k) match, profit sharing, bonus program, great offsite activities, and career growth. Due to Baker’s work with the public, we have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.